ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car up in flames

172, Tiguan

Hippy Ive just read this, and what can I say? Im just glad you and the children are OK and hopefully the situation will get sorted out quickly for you.

jon.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 08 November 2003

Cheers again All :)

Just got up as Im babysitting Telford Mikes car thought Id check it was ok, (flood lights on and walk around the drive way).............

I thought I could smell burning....Its the stuff out of the 172, I can even smell it in my hair :sick: even though Ive showered............

Hmmm drive way looked better with two spanking 172s on it earlier today, I didnt even get a picture :( as I took the car out to be washed, so I could take one..........

Gutted
My car says it has never felt so treasured :D

:eek:

Not really what you want to happen!!

Id get a copy of the CCTV footage asap before they record over it (only keep it for a limited time Im sure) as the insurance company may want to see it.

But yeah, photos please for us nosey/sick bstards! ;)

Nuff love to you hun! :( And im glad youre ok...

Hope youre back on the roads soon! ;):D

Oh and did Roamer tell you about my suggestion? Nice meal out for all your closest friends with any payout... ;)

xmwahx

R.I.P 182

I watched the programme on watchdog a few months ago. people waking up in the morning to a stench coming through their windows, looking outside and seeing their car on fire :( They werent renault tho but maybe you should ring watchdog too, and see if anyone elses clio has done this!! Who knows, you might get a replacement and compensation for the £60 petrol that got burnt!

If its got anything to do with petrol pipes, reno need shooting!

They did a bad enough job on the clio 16v/willy

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 07 November 2003

did anyone see the article on watchdog a month or two ago about the starter motors which were jamming causing the cars to go up in smoke?
They were PUG 307s if I remember rightly.

so sorry to hear the news.

I know it doesnt help much, but at least YOU and the kid are ok.

to be honest seeing those pictures was quite disturbing for several reasons:

1. not nice to see the same interior that i look at EVERY day like that!!!!

2. scary as sh*t that that could have ha[ppened when you werent parked

3. just reminds you how you are not invincible in these things.

so sorry to hear the news.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Thanks Girlracer, sickening site, much worse at second view :(

Martin172 What makes it worse is the time it took to really go up, seemed less than 4-5mins, which is the time it takes to pay for petrol at a petrol station. I have to say Im guilty of leaving the kids in the car while I do this. Not something Ill be doing from now on.

Its just shocking, still trying to look on the bright side, kids ok, me ok.

BUT quite simply THIS shouldnt happen to a new car :cry:

geez, thats pretty savage. like everyone says, glad you and the nippers are ok.

have you spoke to renault about it at all?

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by DeanRSi on 09 November 2003

geez, thats pretty savage. like everyone says, glad you and the nippers are ok.

have you spoke to renault about it at all?
Spoke to the dealer (very politely) yesterday to see if they could shed some light on a possible cause. The car was in on monday getting a new servo fitted to the brakes, not trying to blame anyone, just looking for some answers. The fireman asked if Id been doing anywork under the bonnet ( I dont think topping up the water bottle was quite what he ment), they seemed to think an electrical fault was to blame.

I need to contact to Renault Customer Service, but theyre closed at the weekend and this happened at about 6.00 on Friday.

I Spoke to my insurance company, but TBH Im hoping this will be covered by warrenty, however extreme.

I just feel sickened now :cry:

sorry to hear about your car!!!!

at least you and your kids are ok, you can always replace a car!!!!!

keep us informed about renault

Hippy, sorry to see the mess thats left behind, you say you had a new servo fitted was this the vacuum hose or the hole thing? when i had my car chipped it caught fire on the rollers! the servo hose is very close to the heatsheild and it melted, but if left im sure it would have gone up big time i have a new hose with its own heatshield now. when this happened i did look in the front left part of the engine bay and though you cant see it that is the location of the brake servo I would srongly reccomend an in independent inspection before Renault get there hands on it

Laguna 2, Westfield

Lou posting here on Marks name. Soooooo sorry to see / hear that. :(. Must be soul destroying for you. :(. At least everyones OK tho.

OMG.. what happend?? is this a fault we should all be aware about?.... glad your safe.. im not joking when say ive had dreams of my car doing that kinda thing, guess my brains tellin me it doesnt feel safe in it.