ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car vibrates

Renaultsport Clio 197 R27
my car seems to vibrate between the speeds of 45-60 i've had the balance done had new tires fitted to the front any ides would be appreciated cheers

i've checked driveshafts and mounts but nothing wrong anyone else got any ideas only happens betwwen 45-60 then stops ? it's annoying now

Clio 172
hello mate i had the same problem i did all the checks and even got my wheels balanced again and i checked the driveshafts for any movement and there wasnt any but i took in to a garge and they told me it was the driveshaft(driverside) just get it checked out mate! They said my driveshafts are more likely too wear faster cause of the car being lowered lol!

hey ppl took my car down renault and they told me it could be driveshaft or somink to do with gearbox has anyone heard bout gearbox makin car shake lol cheers and they quoted 1500 for driveshaft and somink do with the gearbox lol

Nissan 350z
Tell them you want to fix the vibration not pay for them to randomly swap parts hoping for a fix. So based on this tell them to stuff the gearbox and start with the more common driveshaft problem.

Trophy #473
I have this, garage said it was the the passanger side shaft, changed it, still vibrates on acceleration, think this is engine mount related.

yea wot i thought it could b but they seem fine so i then thought driveshaft so get it done jus hope it goes it quite violent lol

Trophy #473
well im fitting new renault mounts end of jan so i will let you know if it goes after that. all i can think of then is lower ball joints or something engine related.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Mine did exactly the same thing... Needed two new D/S. Go to Reno tech in chelmsford... He did mine. Located on the dukes industrial park. Was cheap as chips!

£1500!!! pmsl! Thats shocking!

got it sorted out finally no more shaking lol it was the driveshaft fills strange now the shake has gone lol

Nissan 350z
You didnt get it done at Renault did you!? How much did you end up paying if you dont mind me asking?