ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Wax Advise

Suzuki SV1000S

I want to get some good car wax but want it to be as easy as possible and not leave any of that nasty white behind afterwards on the black trim, Any help appreciated!

i used the megauirs NXT wax at the weekend for the 1st time and found it went on and came off easily and left a good deep shine.

Quote: Originally posted by 2863 on 13 January 2005

i use that demon shine stuff ,the stuff you just poor over the car after washing, easy!!
^^^i wouldnt advise on that method really

Suzuki SV1000S

Well I basically want something that I can wipe on and wipe off, or spray on what ever but it must be easy to take off, dont have time to rub in and that as dont even have anywhere to wash my car myself so has to be done at the garage. Oh the joys of living in central London, NOT!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 13 January 2005

Well I basically want something that I can wipe on and wipe off, or spray on what ever but it must be easy to take off, dont have time to rub in and that as dont even have anywhere to wash my car myself so has to be done at the garage. Oh the joys of living in central London, NOT!

This is the favourite from an Evo & Auto Express product test on cleaners if it helps.
It actually sounds perfect for you as you are short of time!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_28/car_portal_pic_14356_t.jpg
Rating: *****

Price: £5.99

Size: 300ml

The Wax it Wet is our pick as Best Buy as nothing comes close to it for convenience and protection.
Applying couldnt be easier - wash the car, spray it on and wipe off - but what surprised us was its
remarkable durability, as it was a match for the best. Great for reluctant polishers.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i like the look of that.. just spray it on when the car is wet or dry?

sorry if that sounds like a daft question...

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

what about the black bits - doesnt it leave those horrible white marks on it? Escpecially the wing mirror base plate etc...

Suzuki SV1000S

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 13 January 2005

what about the black bits - doesnt it leave those horrible white marks on it? Escpecially the wing mirror base plate etc...
Ah now this is what I dont want to happen guys... No white bits for me please!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 13 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 13 January 2005

Ah now this is what I dont want to happen guys... No white bits for me please!

There is very little black trim on the 172 if that is what you have! Maybe you could ask in Halfords if you can take a bottle outside to try on the black trim of your car, BUT CHEEKILY TRY IT ON THE TRIM OF SOMEONE ELSES CAR IN THE CAR PARK!! ;)

Maybe it says on the bottle whether you have to keep it off the trim, if so. spray it on a cloth and rub it in.

ST

i use that demon shine stuff ,the stuff you just poor over the car after washing, easy!!
Total t*ss this stuff, leaves really bad water marks esp on front windows and bonnet!

Used to have a Clio

what is meguires? ive heard this mentioned....is this better than turtlewax? (sorry-thats the only one i know...and thats the one im using on my new clio....)

Used to have a Clio

sorry if im asking on this forum..but when should you wax? assuming you have a new car? mine is 3 weeks old and at the mo, im only just washing it (turtle wax shampoo and polish all in one i think)

is it right that you mostly polish and only wax once in a while?

Quote: Originally posted by Pootle on 13 January 2005

ive found the meguiars quick detailer to be good. i use this between waxes but it gives a good result and protection over the car, and really really quick to put on and rub off. no marks on black plastic either.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/http://www.meguiars.co.uk/
(go to shop > enthusiast > maintain for details).

shine on mine after using the quick detailer:
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1105628376__shiney-car.jpg
Whos that ugly fecker? ;)

If you want a cheap easy top notch shine, try Zymol cleaner wax from Halfords - about £12 a bottle

Gets rid of minor swirls as well

Anything from Meguiars is very good as well

If you can pay more (a lot more!), Swissol or Zymol waxes are awesome........

Quote: Originally posted by MOB182 on 13 January 2005

If you want a cheap easy top notch shine, try Zymol cleaner wax from Halfords - about £12 a bottle

Or just buy some turtle wax as its made by the same people lol!

Lee

BMW M2C

That sunburn on loonys head has warmed up my office. LOL Luckily his ugly mug didnt break my camera. ;o)

I did mine when I got it about 5 months ago with Zymol Titanium wax, water is still beading on it now. You can get it here: http://www.vertar.comVertar

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 13 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by MOB182 on 13 January 2005

Or just buy some turtle wax as its made by the same people lol!

lol - nowhere near as good a product though :cool:

girl racer *gr* dont encorage people to f**k with other peoples cars cos that can cause serious sh*t.
if i came out of a shop and saw some dickhead messing with my car id f**k them up ....bigstyle!
thats how cheeky(but likable)people get hurt!!
imo dont encourage them!!
:mad: :mad:

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

i think you get what you put into it, if you spend time waxin your car its goin to last (dependin on products) if you spend 5 minutes sprayin stuff on, what really is it goin to do, its watered down polish isnt it!!!

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 13 January 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Zaino is the best of them all however costs quite a bit.

Do you use Zaino? Its un user freindlyness puts me off.

For paint in good shape, two products i find really good, both are wipe on wipe off and leave no residue are Clearkote Vanilla Moose and P21s Concours look carnuba wax.

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

id recomend any of the stuff that old bloke sells on your market and then sets fire to the bright red mini bonnet, :cool: :p

always a mini, there are alot of red ones drivin around with no bonnet :confused:

Used to have a Clio

ok - can you please tell me what your routine is? when you wash? what else do you do? do you wash n dry....or wash then wax then polish then thats it? or just wax and polish...if i wash it once a week, do i just wax it at other times?

tell me what your routine is, please. thanks

106 GTi

Pushed for time wash and quick detail spary, dress trim and tyres, clean glass.

Normal routine wash, dry, wax, trim, tyres, glass, interior etc.

Before a show, or once every 1/2 months, polish, glaze, sealant and wax. Plus all the other bits.

Once a year, clay the car and start again, (normally spring time).

If you use a good wash technique, two buckets and a wash mitt, you paint should stay in good shape there should be no need to polish every week.

GR7

Shiny red R32

girl racer *gr* dont encorage people to f**k with other peoples cars cos that can cause serious sh*t.
if i came out of a shop and saw some dickhead messing with my car id f**k them up ....bigstyle!
thats how cheeky(but likable)people get hurt!!
imo dont encourage them!!
:mad: :mad:
There is no need for that language! :mad::mad: The mods are having a hard enough job as it is!
Did you not see the ;) at the end of the post?