ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car will not Start afer changing ECU and BCU.

Renault Clio. 1.2
Good Afternoon people.

Looking for some advice on a Clio MK3 pre-facelift.

Driver door would not lock and i decided to change the chip set, ECU and Body control Unit.

All went well and the doors lock as they should! Result....... Albeit now the car will not start, everything powers up and can hear the fuel pump priming. But that is it. simply will not start.

Changed the ECU.
Changed the ignition ring.
Changed the Body control unit.

Any ideas people.

Kind regards

Renault Clio. 1.2
Hello and thanks for the reply.
I have changed the key set as well. Using the new fob that came with the ECU set.
The car will not turn over.
The immobiliser light flashes as normal when locked, insert key and the immobiliser light stays red. Does not turn off.
I replaced all off the old units and the car started.

Starting to think that the new units are not talking to each other.

Any ideas.

Clio 172
The car will not turn over until you change also the steering column. The steering column it's also a part of immobiliser kit on clio mk3.

The car will not turn over until you change also the steering column. The steering column it's also a part of immobiliser kit on clio mk3.
Really??

That is ridiculous!

Because car thieves are going to be carrying around an ECU, decoder ring, full set of keys and a body control unit, but dammit, they won't be stealing my car because they also need a steering column??! :LOL:

Renault Clio. 1.2
Hi MIKE12....

Plugged my kit into the car and it came up with error code 168 Protection code between UCH and power assisted steering - current.

Do you think this is the issue?

Had a good look at the steering rack and cant seem to find an ECU... albeit; there is an additional plug that sits behind the transponder ring.

Kind regards

Renault Clio. 1.2
Hello People.

Problem solved. Auto locksmith re-programmed the new BCU to the existing car. Re-programmed the new keys as well. Boom! Car started and even the central locking works.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards.

Hello People.

Problem solved. Auto locksmith re-programmed the new BCU to the existing car. Re-programmed the new keys as well. Boom! Car started and even the central locking works.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards.
Are you in the UK?

If you are, would you be happy to name the locksmith?

It would be useful to have a known-good locksmith!