ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car wont go into 3rd gear

hi guys driving along today and hit a huge pot hole and the car jumped out of 3rd gear . i tried to put it back into gear but it wont go in loads of crunching going on . all the other gears r fine bar 3rd gear . i tried holding it in the gear but it just wont engage . if i am in 4th gear and gear down to third it will go in ok but when i put my foot on the throttle it jumps out again it only stayes in if i gear down to third . and dont give it any gas . any ideas what this could be cheers

Megane 265 Cup
Go take a photo of the pothole, and the damage to your car and fookin claim for the damage!!

its not my car its my wifes citroen c2 . i have a 172 i dont no what to do or what to try so any help would be so good cheers

lift number 1 @ btm
fair enough.

as above, get a picture of the pothole and start complaining asap.

i think there is a dedicated phoneline for potholes, there was a thread about it on here recently.

Megane 265 Cup
Be quick about getting a photo I might add, this happened a friend and he went back to get a photo of the pothole the next afternoon and the sneaky f*****s had filled it in!