ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start, (flickering dials)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Got a problem that occurd say 2months ago, were each time i tried to start the car the dials would go bonkers, noticed i had a 063 battery which wasnt strong enough for the car, so bought a big ass heavy duty one.

Guess what, the problem is back, noticed on sunday that the dials was flickering again on turn over, but fired no problem, but yesturday it failed to start in tesco's :dapprove:

Now would it be a alternator fault or battery again? didnt get a battery light at anytime, and also the belt is there nice and tight, any suggestions

Titanium 182
Try the battery hooked up to another car if it works it's something else. If not then I'm guessing the Alternator.

Mk2 Ph1
iv been there dude. i was in the petrol station and there was a whole que behind and the car wouldnt start. Does the car fire up or are the lights flicking and stopping it starting?
I found differnt things along the line trying to fixs mine but not sure if they will help.
1) take the key fob apart and spray the chip lightly with WD, could just be a dry spot in the key.
or
2) unlock the car as normal and close the door. Press and hold the central locking botton on the panel and a second after push down the accelerator, hold together until the car makes a lock and unlock noise, then remove your foot from the accelerator and take the button off, im not sure if it will work but at least it sumin to try.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
sorry cant check the thread at home laptop failed on me,

Im guessing the alternator aswell, but isnt the whole point of a Battery sign on the instrument panel ment to tell you that the battery aint charging?

if the belt is lose or removed the light comes on, yet in this occasion the battery light doesnt come on atall, yet if i get someone to push me and i bump start it then its fine, which raises a few eyebrows,

il try the keyfob with WD40, doubt the other would work but will give it a bash, ta