ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car wont start :( HELLPP!!

1.2 16v + Arctic 182
basically i have a 1.2 2002 clio and the other day i went to start the car and it wuldnt turn over, all the lights on the dash came on and there was a loud tickin noise coming from the relay box but no actual turn over, it keeps happening and its getting rather annoying, i know its not the battery as i fitted a new one last month, anyone have any suggestions??

Arctic Blue FF 182
Have you tested the new battery just to check? Could possibly have a drain on the battery!?

'02 1.2 Dynamique
If the immobiliser light is going out after a few seconds as it supposed to, then it's probably the starter motor. This exact thing happened last week on my 2002 1.2. Easy to replace, right on the front of the engine. Could try cleaning the connections up on it first.

Bump start the car see if it runs if it does hit the starter with a hammer and try it might be stuck

If hitting it fixes the issue get a new one hammers don't work forever there not expensive or difficult to fit

Clio 1.2 Sport Rep
Check Start Motor, unplug every thing and plug back in and make sure deys no rust and see if it starts. Had that problem before it was the live feed cable that rusty just cleaned it n lub and plug back in and work ;D. Good luck