ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car won't start, please help

clio 1.2
Morning

Spent all of yesterday fitting new locks on my MK1 1.2 (D-type). It' a three door so the locksonly took an our until I came to the ignition barrel... three hours later i got the f*cker out - put new one, all fin - went to start it and teh car would start and then die straight away. I left it till this morning put the old barrel back in and exactly same thing happened. I changed the barrel to the new one re-fitted all th trim but now the car won't even start - I may have flooded the engine but i may have tripped some security settings - any ideas guys?

Clio 16v turbo
my bro had a 1.4 etype it would trun over bt wudnt start. Changed all t sensors n still nuthin put sum easy start down t throttle body and den started it n pulled the throttle fully open with his m8 holdin t key turnin the starter mototr den it finally started.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
is there an immobiliser transponder ring around the ing barrel? is the new barrel to key numer ie still using the original key?

clio 1.2
Ah - there is a plastic thing that goes around teh barrel and the new key is a different number as it's not the original. That explains a lot.

Can I disconect it - would the car work without it?

Thanks Mate