ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Won't Start Without Jump

421 Cammed 172
Not a clio, but my old 206. I imagine the problem would be universal though?

Basically the car sits idle for a day or 2 and then won't start without a jump off the clio. Ive put the battery on a charger, but it comes up as fully charged.

When i put the jump leads on it's an instant start, i don't have to leave them ticking over or anything, i just pop them on and it starts straight away. But as im trying to sell it it's not exactly a unique selling feature so id like to sort it.

Has anyone got any ideas??

RB 182 cup
battery can still be dead

when u think its fully charged hold main beam on for 5 seconds to remove the surface charge then check the battery voltage, if its below anythink like 12.0v change the battery if its around 12.5v then the batt is ok

may sound like a small amount but after the battery is flattened for too many times it damages the interals of the battery

BMW M135i
Batterys dead, just because it charges ok doesn't mean it can hack the required starting current.

172cup
as said... deffo battery. My clio done the exact same thing. New battery sorted it

go to halfords/kwiik fit/etc for a free battery check to confirm. No need to buy from them... go to a motor factors

172 cup
i had the same problem on my 172 cup it turned out to be an earth strap that was corroded an easy way to check if this is the problem is to just connect the negative jump lead to the negative terminal on the battery and connect the other end to where ever you can under the bonnet anything which is bare metal then try and start the car

M2 Competition
Sounds like the battery. As said will still come up as 'charged' when you try and charge it, despite being duff.