ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car wont start :(

hi ya, iv got a 172 phase 1 and over the last couple of weeks iv had problems starting my car. somedays it starts fine turn of the key but seems to be getting more often that its struggles starting, it turns over fine so battery and starter motor is ok and recently changed plugs and leads, iv noticed that when i turn the key so the ignition lights come on the sound of the full pump coming on sounds weak so i swapped the really with another one but still no better. the relay did look a bit green. any one got any ideas? also where is the full pump on these? thanks for any help!

clean up the connections for the relays

fuel pump is in the fuel tank.

check the tdc sensor also the battery is ok.

ITB'd 172
hey, im having exactly the same problem on a mk2 phase 1
i find it turns over perfectly fine but theres jus no attempt to start!
i have ITBs so it takes abit longer anyway but i could do it till the battery dies and not get anything more than it turning over.
il have to have a look at my leads, plugs, relays etc when the rain stops

hi ya, i cleaned the connections to the relays and swapped them over, but tried to start it today and still didnt want to start i got it started eventually, i can hear the pump coming on and the red light on dash is going out so i take it the immobilser is going out, where is the tdc sensor? is it hard to change? oh and yes the battery is fine its only 6 months old but checked it anyway and its reading 12.7 volts. is this the symptoms of a dodgy tdc sensor? oh and thanks for the help :)

hi ya, i cleaned the connections to the relays and swapped them over, but tried to start it today and still didnt want to start i got it started eventually, i can hear the pump coming on and the red light on dash is going out so i take it the immobilser is going out, where is the tdc sensor? is it hard to change? oh and yes the battery is fine its only 6 months old but checked it anyway and its reading 12.7 volts. is this the symptoms of a dodgy tdc sensor? oh and thanks for the help :)

dodgy tdc often shows as poor starting do a search for a picture but its on top of the gearbox next to the engine

easy enough to chnage

thanks for your help edde, iv had a look at some pics someone sent me link to and cleaned it up, hopefully that will make an improvement.

ITB'd 172
could you send me the link to those pics dude.
although i found that mine wouldnt start and drains the battery so i tried jump leads and it started.so il have to go get that tested!