ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car wont start

2003 172
hello

i have got a problem with my clio. whenever i turn the key, ignition comes on fine, but when i actually try and start the engine nothing happens, not even the ticking noise u get. after 20 try or aroudn that the engine starts normally. could this be a starter motor problem??

thanks James

A3 Tdi
weak battery perhaps?
mine had problems starting, sounded like it was trying to turn over, bought a new battery and its been ok since (toutch wood)

2003 172
weak battery perhaps?
mine had problems starting, sounded like it was trying to turn over, bought a new battery and its been ok since (toutch wood)

when i try and start mien there is no noise at all, it doesnt sound liek tis trying to turnover at all. i dont think its the battery problem becuase my lights, sub, windows etc works fine.

Megane Mk4
Starter motor perhaps? .. the solenoid component of the starter motor might have gone, if it has then it won't turn over, you just get a slight click at the ignition point when turning the key if there's power but nothing else.

If it is, £68 from Renault reconditioned. Might get one from the scrap dealers cheaper.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
^Try giving the starter motor a whack next time it happens. If that helps it'll be on it's way out.

2003 172
^Try giving the starter motor a whack next time it happens. If that helps it'll be on it's way out.

lol a good old hit always works. ummm can someone tell me where abouts the starter more is on the K4J engines?

thanks James