ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start!!!!

1.2 16v Extream, Black
Ive recently replaced my old engine with a newer 1.2 16v engine due to my old one being knackered everythin has been fitted correctly and earthed properly go to start car and nothin, ive taken starter motor out connected it to a battery and it spins put it back in to the car and it doesnt spin, the engine aint seized coz you can push it when its in 1st

and tips to try or and help will be great :D

Many Thnks Chris G

172 cup
does it bump start? if so then corroded starter connection maybe. Got to be electrical if not. have you kept your ecu or swopped it for one with new engine

1.2 16v Extream, Black
kept the old one on so the engine codes are the same on ecu, it dont bump start i tryed the starter from the old engine aswell andthats same thing works out car but not in :S ive got a feelin its the immobilizer??

Trophy Turbo :)
are you 100% sure all the earths are on, try putting a jump lead from the bellhousing on the gearbox to the EARTH on the battery.

Also check the LED on the dash when you put the key in and turn the ign on, see if it is still flashing

1.2 16v Extream, Black
The lil light flashes dead fast, not got car at mo to tru with a jump lead
Calle renault they said I could need a new huc wats a huc :s
Cheers :)

1.2 16v Extream, Black
The lil light flashes dead fast, not got car at mo to try with a jump lead
Called renault they said I could need a new huc wats a huc?? :s
Cheers :)

172/1.2/E30
they mean uch, it is the central electronic controller in the passengers footwell. flashing red light in dash says something is wrong with your immobiliser! you are using your old ECU?

1.2 16v Extream, Black
AYeh its the old one on it I fought it would keep all the codes the same if I put that one back on

Could a reprogram of the immobilizer poss sort it coz the battery was dead for bout 3week waitin for the new engine to arrive ??

How easy is it to accsess the uch?? To make sure all wires look properly connected??

Chris

Last edited:
  172 cup
yer fast flash means there some sort of immobiliser problem, but have seen it with flat battery problems before too, is the batt fully charged?

1.2 16v Extream, Black
yer fast flash means there some sort of immobiliser problem, but have seen it with flat battery problems before too, is the batt fully charged?

i dont think so it was completely dead when it got towed to college to extent hazard lights wouldnt even come on so would you sujest chargin me battery up over night and tryin it??

1.2 16v Extream, Black
Rigth its trying to turn over but then stops it self after 5-10 seconds :s and doesnt want to kick up. anyone no wat to sujest next ??

Cheers Muchly Chris :D

1.2 16v Extream, Black
anybody have any other tips its turnin over for approx 3-5 seconds then just stopping its really bugging me now i just want to drive it :(

1.2 16v Extream, Black
So I've been told its that the immobilizer need re-pairing with the could anyone see if this is possibily the solution before I tke it to Renault?? Please

1.2 16v Extream, Black
Nope just press the button on key fob u mean?? Out of your experience fred wat would you say it could be if button thing don't work??

Lionel Richie
you only swaped the engine itself? old loom etc still in place? should just fire up, you will have cocked up somewhere

1.2 16v Extream, Black
Yeh just took old one out new one in same loom and ecu off old engine but battery was dead for a while till I could get the new engine

1.2 16v Extream, Black
rite got car back to my nans house now and have had chance to have a look over it when i stick the key in the ignition and turn it up to the 2nd notch a red relay under the bonnet next to the fuses on the front right which is buzzing does anyone no wat this is controling or being controled by, i have looked in the hayns manual and i possiabley think it the starter realy which is controled by the ecu so would a immobilizer reset do it?? please any help would be really greatful :D many thanks chris

lol ;) Every time we change the D4F engine we have to resync the key with the car

Hold down the centre locking button and while still holding it turn the ignition key on (not start).
Stop all that then take key out and with out pressing any buttons try and start the car
Then try start the car ;)

1.2 16v Extream, Black
its at my nans so ill try it tomorow mate and let you no :D thank you very much matey:D

does it sound likely that it was this causing that relay to buzz??