ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won't start

PH1 172 Sport
Went to take the clio for its MOT and it wouldn't start. The last time i drove it was a week ago.

Engine turns over fine but it just wont fire.

Am I right in thinking its probably the TDC sensor? I there an easy way to tell if it is this before spending £60 on a new one?

Thanks

PH1 172 Sport
Well ive cleaned the sensor and wiggled the wire for it and it still wont fire.

Fuel pump sounds like its coming on

Battery has been fully charged

I've checked all fuses

Anything else to check?

Mec 350 slk manual
It sounds like the tdc mine used to just spin over and after a time fire up and off I would go it I changed it

Clio 197
Given all the shitty wet weather we have had recently i would check the plugs / leads / coilpacks for anything obvious too

PH1 172 Sport
Given all the s**tty wet weather we have had recently i would check the plugs / leads / coilpacks for anything obvious too

Will do. Its not used very often to be honest has done only a few thousand miles this year. First time it has let me down in 5 years :-( its really bugging me with what it could be though.

Clio 197
Will do. Its not used very often to be honest has done only a few thousand miles this year. First time it has let me down in 5 years :-( its really bugging me with what it could be though.

It could be something simple like water ingress and just need a good dry and clean up, best to check it though :)