ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont stop revving?

Beast
When I turn ignition on the car just revs to 3kish, sometimes higher and wont stop? What could be the problem? Its a mk1 1.2 :)

Obvious, but check your throttle cable isnt caught or stuck on anything in the engine bay. My old 1.2 did this once..

seen simalr problems befor have you checked the air mass meter (airflow)
is the car fitted wih exhaust gas recedrculation valve as these then to send your sensors off air mass meter would b best bet as on standard clios oil presure release valve is on the unlet system most the time so tends to clog up worst case could be cracked engine block:cool:

oh yeh myt sound stupid but lamda sensors often play apart in high revvin problems the work on a on off system eiver the on or the off if it is stuck on on it will be tellin the engine to run lean n opening the air flow more to stop it running lean and just making the engin rev cud be cdi prolems cup

GW RS200
Checked the carpet/mat is fouling the throttle pedal? Happened to me and was very, very embarassing - was too busy trying look clever under the bonnet!

S.