ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car wouldnt start tonight ?

Happy new year all.

just looking for a little bit of help from anyone in the know about car batteries please.

i went out to get something from the car tonight to find that the key fob wouldnt work. so opened the car with the key and turned the ignition to on, but only to find no lights at all.
so i opened the bonnet and removed the battery cover to check the voltage with the meter. 12 volts showed on the meter.
so next on the menu was the booster pack i have for just such occasions.
connected + - , turned ignition , and away we go.
once again i checked the voltage with the meter to find 14 volts .
after about a minute i stopped the engine and tried it again.
hey presto it started no problem at all.

what i cant work out is what has happened to the battery over night as i had the car out last night with no problems.
all lights etc had been of because when i got the car started tonight nothing was on.
the clock and miles counter when i went to the car tonight were blank indicating the battery was flat . But with the meter it showed 12 volt.
confused.gif

now i know the car hasnt done a lot in the last couple of days but this just seems strange.

joec.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Did you leave your lights on at all? Mine was flat today also, but its been sat for a few weeks so no surprises.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
How olds the battery ? 12 volts is indicating your batteries fcuked maybe not holding a charge. It should be around 12.6 - 12.7 volts if it's in good condition . If it's older than 3 years i'd say its on it's way out , time for a new battery .

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
My car won't start this morning either.

Did this a few weeks ago but started with a push. This morning, no lights or anything. Gonna try get hold of a battery charger, in the meanwhile any other ideas?

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
Yer my car has done it once before but it wasnt completely dead still had lights, radio etc and it started when my mate pushed the car. This was a few weeks ago.

Got up this morning it is completely dead! Battery charger has been on for a few hours and the remote locking, lights etc are all working again now. Tried to start it, but the car whimpered. The battery charger is borrowed off a relative, it looks like its out of the arc!

Its a Renault battery in there the car is 6 years old so I am assuming its the original one. How much are replacements?

Yer my car has done it once before but it wasnt completely dead still had lights, radio etc and it started when my mate pushed the car. This was a few weeks ago.

Got up this morning it is completely dead! Battery charger has been on for a few hours and the remote locking, lights etc are all working again now. Tried to start it, but the car whimpered. The battery charger is borrowed off a relative, it looks like its out of the arc!

Its a Renault battery in there the car is 6 years old so I am assuming its the original one. How much are replacements?

Halfords etc sell them not to badly priced better estill if you have a friend who has a trade card or try other loacla motorfactories.