ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon canister resistor question

MikkiV

ClioSport Club Member
  BG182 FF, Mk 1 Caddy
Hi everyone, the previous owner has removed the carbon canister from my 182 and subsequently my engine light is always on. Not a big deal but I have the MOT coming up. I clear the code and it's off for while but then comes back on. From what I've read I need a 23 ohm resistor to mock the load of the canister in order to clear the fault and the EML to stay off. Question is can anyone help me find the right resistor and where to buy it? I can't seem to find any specifically 23 ohm ones on Amazon or eBay. Does the wattage rating matter? Can I use 25 ohm (I've seen a few of them). Previous posts suggest Maplin but they've gone bust now and I can't find anything on their website anyway. I'm not an electrician or anywhere close to one so please excuse my ignorance. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

MikkiV

ClioSport Club Member
  BG182 FF, Mk 1 Caddy
Nice one, thank you mate. What did you do just cut off the connector and solder it on?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That’s how I done mine mate. Can use spray connectors or solder it on or just twist it on and heat shrink

Attachments

• E0BB35AF-1E8D-48F5-9D5D-032EF8E59B5E.png
    E0BB35AF-1E8D-48F5-9D5D-032EF8E59B5E.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 130