ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Canister

Clio 172
hello guys i have a ticking noise coming from the drivers side i went to a garge to get some one to look at it and they said it could be my bottom pulley, but he was not able to pin point it and said he would have to have a look and that he could not fit me in till next thursday i was just woundering if i was able to check the carbon canisterto see if that was the cause and would i just be able to unplug it and start the engine up without any problems and plug it back in again, the only reason im asking as i dont wnat to be ripped off lol anyway cheers guys!

Clio 172
ok thanks do i just take the wheel off and remove the plastic arch and then unplug and start the engine see if the noise has gone then plug back in ?

PH1 172 Sport
IIRC the connector is behind the drivers headlight. Nothing needs to be removed to unplug it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Any chance of pics of said plug behind the headlight? Wouldn't mind checking this also due to ticking...

BMW F31
all you have to do is look behind the drivers side headlight, theres a hole in the top of the front impact panel, you can see the plug from above, its fiddly to do but if you use a torch you'll find it.

its the only plug other than the headlight bulbs thats in that area!!