ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Cannister Light

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Guys, I have searched here, and found part of the answer, the 182 I have has had the Carbon Canister removed, as result the Toxic Monitor/Engine light is on, (I didn't take it off) I got a local auto Elec to fit a 23 ohm resistor, which he did and the light went out, but he said the resistor got very very hot, like too hot to put oversheath on it, So my question is..... is there a special type of resistor that has to be fitted? he was asking about a type that you can bolt to the body to dissipate the heat?

Thanks

Willo

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Guys, quick update, I have half an idea where the problem might be, whoever took the canister off, also removed the plug, so I only have the 2 wires left, wonder if that's my problem? I am not great with electrics, so does anyone have a easy solution?

Thanks
Willo

bmw m3, clio sport
Having the plug on wouldn't make any difference as it's just connecting the wire to pins. The resistor will get hot as current is flowing through it. You could try fitting a new plug and getting a top part of carbon canister and plugging it in.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Having the plug on wouldn't make any difference as it's just connecting the wire to pins. The resistor will get hot as current is flowing through it. You could try fitting a new plug and getting a top part of carbon canister and plugging it in.

Nope that still throws a light and a code well did on my 1.2

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I am just wondering how hot is safe, as they guy who fitted said it was way too hot for his liking....

Willo

I never had any lights come on either.

However if the resister getting hot fit a larger one, ie same resistance but higher wattage.

Clio 172
I disconnected mine and light come on ... It ticks light a bstard too , I would like help to remove too please lol