ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon fiber bonnets

clio mk2 ph2 1.2 16v
just wondered who's likes them and who doesn't i'm thinking of buying this and just wondered what people thought

c2_bonvent_3.jpg

c2_bonvent_2.jpg

c2_bonvent_1.jpg

what do you reckon???

Turbos.
Not sure about them on the Clio, have bought one for the NSX though...

That EVO style vent is just silly.

clio mk2 ph2 1.2 16v
yeh i think they look good without them just thought the one with the vents was a bit different lol its an expensive mod tho it's like £375 without vents and £410 with them

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I'd really like a plain carbon one on my black 182...would look sweet!!
I say go for it mate,but a big no no to the vents

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That one in the pic is total gash but I like standard ones. Was gonna go for one when I had the 182 but at around 400 I just could not justify it.

J

jamesy

i think they are pure sex anyone that does'nt like them should be beaten and raped by monks:mad:

M2 Competition
They look good, but from when i saw k-tecs demo car, the vent looks a bit too big for the bonnet.

Get one without, look good, save weight from the front, and lower the centre of gravity.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Do you want show or go?

If you want show they're nice.

If you want go they're a waste of money because all the ones I've seen are made for show. If they really saved weight they'd be nice. But they all weight as much or nearly as much as a standard bonnet.

M2 Competition
Uh? depends if ur on about a skin, or an actual carbon bonnet? ^^

A proper carbon bonnet weighs approx 6kg less than a standard one...

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Who actually does it to save weight though honestly? Its a styling mod. Any weight gain is just a bonus..and bonuses mean prizes.

Chocolate Bar™
as above look good on black cars, and without the vents.... not that i'm biased or anything ;)

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
get the one in the pic, the vent is cool. Whats the point getting a plain one , won't look much different and will cost you £370?????

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
ripoff get a fibreglass bonnet if you wanna save weight...or stick on carbon film if you are a style beeatch!