ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon fiber front splitter...

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
Has anyone got one of these? I bought one from K-tec a couple of months ago and now the carbon fibre finish is starting to flake off it, so its got little black patches on it when its came off, has anyone had this problem?

RB 182
Flakes off? Isn't carbon fibre meshing set in a hard resin? It shouldn't flake off! Not unless its some mock carbon fibre film laminated onto the surface... I always thought the K-Tec ones were 100% Carbon Fibre?

Nike Lunar Elite's
Not got this problem with mine, it does get stone chips but thats understandable

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
Its probably stone chips, but shouldn't it be made to withstand these, after all, the rest of the front of the car doesnt get stone chips, neither did the original splitter, why should this one?

Clio 172 mk2
Meek_racing said:
Flakes off? Isn't carbon fibre meshing set in a hard resin? It shouldn't flake off! Not unless its some mock carbon fibre film laminated onto the surface... I always thought the K-Tec ones were 100% Carbon Fibre?

They don't look to be 100% carbon fiber....the carbon lay is only used on the front (visible) sections..the rest looks to be just glass fibre.

I haven't had any problems with mine yet but I imagine the chipping is probaby just the resin/laquer used on the surface..not much you can really do about that.

Maz

LY 200
MCG said:
shouldn't it be made to withstand these, after all, the rest of the front of the car doesnt get stone chips

^^ you must be very lucky or never drive your car then ;) lol

Good old british roads are to blame for sure :mad:

VRS
the reason i havent bothered getting one is cos ive seen how much my standard one is scuffed from general day to day driving, i couldnt justify geting one then scratching the fook out of it lol

Clio 172 mk2
Mine is okay but I know it's only a matter of time before it gets scuffed up.

Good thing is I've now got the holes drilled and know how to take the bumper off so fitting another will be easy:D

Abarth Grande Punto
i was thinking of getting one of these but i think i will have to reconsider now! :dapprove: