ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon fibre bonnet issues :(

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Right purchased a brand new made to order carbon fibre bonnet from someone of here, I asked if it came lacquered to which I was told yes, drove all the was to st helens fro
Brum to pick it up and surprise suprise it was fresh out the mould and no lacquer, the guy who made thought I was gOing to paint it lol not for £300 I'm not, anyway gave it to my paint guy who pulled a face and said I can't guarantee the finish, so I left it with him, now it turns out the finishing gel that's on it so it comes out of the mould intact is silicone based and reacting with the chemicals he needs to used to lacquer it, anyone got any advise on how to lacquer the bonnet? Someone must have done it? Failing that I might sell it as to paint it is pointless in my eyes as the standard bonnets are not that heavy.

Thanks in advance

It should of been lightly sanded 600 - upto 1200 grit, before hand to remove any residual. Are you sure its not lacquered? maybe even lightly, this sounds like a paint reaction to me. Hes using 2k paints? pure out the tin right, no thinners added (some peeps add 10% thinner you see). Get some pictures up of the reaction.......