ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Fibre Bonnet(Streamline Carbon)

First off i'd like to say a big thanks to Bic & Merv for all the hardwork and effort put into makin this Stunning bonnet. THANKS

The quality and fit of the bonnet is spot on and i would deffo recommend Streamline to any1 that wants only the best for their car.

We weighed the orig bonnet to see wt the weight diff was and the carbon bonnet came in @ over 7kg lighter than the orig and thats with all the sound deadening, catch and so on.

Here's a few pics(which dnt do it justice really) for ya all:

20090301324.jpg

20090301323.jpg

20090301322.jpg

20090301321.jpg

how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?

I went for the full carbon (inner/outa skins).
The price was £900 and that was with both inner/outa panels laquered + fitted. Not sure if i got any of that as a freebie or not mind bein as it was the first 1 made.

Well worth it IMO

Charged Superleggera
I went for the full carbon (inner/outa skins).
The price was £900 and that was with both inner/outa panels laquered + fitted. Not sure if i got any of that as a freebie or not mind bein as it was the first 1 made.

Well worth it IMO

looks stunning mate. must ahve made the car lighter as well i would have thought

They do offer cheaper alternatives but i thought i'd splash out and get the full carbon version, looks betta when u open the bonnet :)

Is this available to buy now? I tried looking for something like this on their website but couldn't find it....

Adam

Heres a few pics from a distance and a couple of pics with the bonnet up:

The Inner panel looks just as good as the outer.

20090301328.gif

20090301326.gif

20090301327.jpg

20090301331.jpg

20090301330.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Niiice, sutble but feckin cool :star: liking the yellow too although maybe the water jets are a bit much!? Each to their own though ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i like the fact it doesnt stand out too much but up close its obvious.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
i have two clios both being phase 1's thou and one a 1999 and one a 2000,in the 2000 one the bonnet is crazy lightwieght compare to the solid steel 1999 one,
what was the weight of your old bonnet if the carbon fibre one is 7kg's lighter?

i have two clios both being phase 1's thou and one a 1999 and one a 2000,in the 2000 one the bonnet is crazy lightwieght compare to the solid steel 1999 one,
what was the weight of your old bonnet if the carbon fibre one is 7kg's lighter?

iirc it was 12Kg

Golf R/Leon FR

the 2000 one is probably an alloy bonnet.

oh and the alloy bonnets are lighter than carbon fibre ones!