ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon fibre bonnets, hmm

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Ok guys. Now im getting the itch to do a few things to her now she's shiny ;)

really like cf bonnets, an think it would look great! Has any one got pics of black rs 172/82/v6's ?

Also want to get a quicksilver backbox :)

one more, are eibach springs standard on the v6?

Thanks!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO To the bonnet!

&

DEFO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO To the Exhaust. Sounds guff and looks even worse!

b/g 182, meg tourer
im not really a fan of too much carbon. it can look tacky. i think a bonnet would be too much.

Tangoed Works
carbon on black gold looks the tits. here is my old one

IMG_1024.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i would say all you want to do with a vee at most is a wee lower as per Ali's comments. Ali's vee looked toight at fcs.

they look amazing standard with a slight tweak.

carbon bonnet = fail imo.

can't comment on the exhaust tbh.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers for your thoughts. I just wanna put my stamp on it!

When I had the wheels off I noticed the springs are eibach + the dampner/center bit's are koni?

Is that not standard then?

I hate CF bonnets, but seeing as your cars black it might not look bad at all.

The dampers on mine are koni (mk1 though) and I think i've got eibach springs.

Fred is your man for this sort of thing, he knows loads.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I want a CF bonnet, and CF mirror covers too .. I think it will look subtle especially on the black !

Group buy from streamline or k-tec ? haha

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
well done fella's! seens as my cars black it wont stick out like the dogs b****cks! unlike on white or yellow .... group buy then? ;)

Lionel Richie
quicksilvers are massively over rated IMO (yes i would say that!) and the only good (read perfect) quality CF bonnet i've seen is from streamline

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
As above Koni/Eibach is the stock set up! Very capable too! :)

Your Vee is one of the best no doubt. Keep it that way! By all means lower but go for a sensible height, not like mine last yr... I've gone off this whole LOW image.

200 FF Storm Grey
Small hatch backs aren't the right shape for a full on carbon bonnet imo, takes up too much of the car, although I do really like them on bonnets like the 197 where's its a smaller proportion

Tav

Clio 197
I'd have a carbon bonnet but I'd paint it the same colour as the car on the outside, stealthy!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers for the piccy alex, im still undecided!

carbon fog light surrounds, splitter, bonnet? Dont want her too look chav tho!

Albi blue 197
if ya guna carbon fibre it .... dont just geta carbon fibre wrap then if you dont want it anymore or come to selling it just take the wrap off lol

2002 Cup172
i got a cup and as standard it looked like a girls car.

got mirrors and fogs in this pic just imagine it standard lol

CIMG1051.jpg

But slap a carbon bonnet
on and hey presto you
have a rear view mirror
monster.

GRRRRRRRRRR

ClioCupGettingWashed.jpg

But most peeps on here hate carbon but me i love the stuff.

plus a few kilo's off total weight here and there cant be bad.

Do it, get Everything you can least ya know you'll be happy with it
who really cares what any1 else thinks its your car.

Last edited:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
If u are gonna put a carbon bonnet on the V6 then put a bag of sand under the bonnet!
The front end of the V6 is light enough without making it any lighter.
From a cosmetic point of view I think it would look good :)

immaculate clio 172
sorry guys but dont no how anyone can say cf bonnets look good on any car imo they are an absolute mess they look awful and a total rip off for something that makes your car look shite, they should pay you to drive round with them on your car's lol