ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon fibre weave?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
can this be done in different colours, i want a carbon bonnet but i want it more of a silver colour, so it doesnt stand out as much?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
There are companies that make a 'white' carbon fibre type thing. Not sure who or where though.

133/225/CLS AMG
I've seen some cars a while back that were coloured carbon but not sure if that was a thin layer of paint over the carbon.

You could always get a carbon bonnet and then get it sprayed.

PH1_172
could you not have the carbon bonnet sprayed with a light coating of silver so that its still very thin and has a see through effect so you can see the weave through the paint,like how carbon fibre cars panels look they use very thin paint so the weave comes through the paint

DSCF0387.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
could you not have the carbon bonnet sprayed with a light coating of silver so that its still very thin and has a see through effect so you can see the weave through the paint,like how carbon fibre cars panels look they use very thin paint so the weave comes through the paint

depending on what bonnet my car comes back with i shall probably end up doing this. will be carbon and then a thin layer of lacquered down yellow built up in coats to try and tint it. if it goes tits up then i shall simply get it sprayed properly.

Chocolate Bar™
^ cheers :) well hopefully the insurance company will fit the right bonnet in the first place lol

M

mini-valver

Still waiting then??
I think the natural carbon looks amazing on silver though Taylor....

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

depending on what bonnet my car comes back with i shall probably end up doing this. will be carbon and then a thin layer of lacquered down yellow built up in coats to try and tint it. if it goes tits up then i shall simply get it sprayed properly.

Could just get a kevlar bonnet? Already yellow-ish :)

valver
there is a variety of different weave colours, and patterns. you can get a carbon Kevlar mix, which is carbon grey one way, and Kevlar yellow the other. and also a carbon and glass mix, whats grey and silver.looks amazin! i make the stuff for a job, the company i work for will make you anythin, if ya got a shed load of cash that is, for 1 offs!
i used to lay up the MG xpowers that have been posted here b4

williams and trophy
aye.i have some of the carbon/kevlar mix ..................only a little sample square like.

i also usd to work where they weave the s**t..weave patterns and colours are plentiful.

kevlar seems to lose its yellow colour under decent sunlight tho.

still have a shitloada carbon knockin about somewhere.