ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon fibre wrap

Subaru 330s
Ordered some nice 3M carbon fibre wrap off fleebay a few weeks ago and have just got round to using it! I am well pleased with the results and can't wait to do a few more bits!
I started with my fog light surrounds, probably the trickiest thing I could wrap, it took me an hour to do both but I am pleased with how they came out
Photo1451.gif

Then I tried my exhaust trims....
Photo1489.gif

Photo1490.gif

Very pleased with how these have come out, nice little touch imo!

Last will be the rear splitter thing on the rear bumper when I finally manage to get it off, just about to go and give it another try :D

Will get some more pics up when I am all done and have the fogs fitted on the car

Lora :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
they look really good to be fair! Bet its fiddly stuff to do

not a fan sorry, looks cheap. kinda all or nothing with CF. imagine it will look better in person too as the camera does show alot more up.

but hey ho... u like it so :)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Looking good

I did my diamond in it last week. PITA. Then again, I was using a hairdryer as a heat gun

"Navy" N17 TWO
Good job Lora :)

It just a case of putting this over what you're covering and heating it up to get into the nooks & crannies?

Clio 172mk2
I used this on both front & rear diamond, and bullets.

On the bullets when i first put the 3m stuff over it due to the curves and product been cold , i thought it was going to be a total b**ch to use. But once the hair dryer hits it it soon becomes really easy to use to get in and around bends.

07052010074.gif

tbh after uve spent few mins getting used to how it reacts. Its a good and easy product yo use

Clio 172mk2
Have to agree with Ali and Naith on this, think it looks cheap.

Tbh i do prefer proper carbon wrap, but at 40 quid for a kit. When i got the 3m stuff for free, i cant complain. Its subtle on the parts i have and is different.

On a roof etc i`d agree def a no

1.5dci
just wondering what did you do to the plastic underneath? Sand it down, and/or primer it, or just stick it over?
Did my gear knob insert, but had already sanded it down ready to paint silver instead, now gonna do the dash inserts to match, but not sure if it's actually need sanding down

Also anyone tried lacquering over this stuff, i tempted to on the gear knob insert so i can decal it, but unsure what it'll look like

Clio 172mk2
just clean them , then sanded it with 1200 and then cleaned and dryed them

if its parts inside car just clean them well

Rusty Cup
looks really good and to be honest i really didnt expect to say that when i clicked on this thread :D would like to see a few pics at a bit of distance to get an idea of how it looks against RB

1.5dci
just clean them , then sanded it with 1200 and then cleaned and dryed them

if its parts inside car just clean them well

Ah kwl, that'll save sanding them then!
Still undecided on the exterior, contemplating getting the side strips and bumper inserts either colour coded or carbon wrap them... was set on carbon, but after seeing a Cyclone Blue colour coded i'm now undecided!