ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CARBON FIRBE BONNET

WHATS PPL VIEWS ON THESE BONNETS , DO U THINK THEY WOULD LOOK GOOD ON A CLIO AND COULD U GET BETTER PERFORMANCE FIGURES OR IS THIS 1 BEST LEFT 2 THE YANKS!!

on what sort ov price r u looking at,, i suppose it would b diffrent and at the end of the day thats what u want really ??

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

4-500 quid atleast maybee even up to a grand for 1.

not cheap.

MalicE

Renault Laguna Coupe

I thought about this a while ago, and yes, amazingly trick and amazingly expensive. Biggest problem of all is safety though. The bonnet is part of the structure of the car and in an accident its designed to absorb a lot of the forces of an impact.

Lionel Richie

But arent most composite materials stronger then metal though???? F1 cars are built from carbon fibre and they do alright crashing at 160mph!!!!!

The new TVR is all carrbon fibre bodied and it does 215mph, so i dont think strength is really an issue when it comes to carbon fibre!!!!!

Remember the steel frame will still be underneath the carbon fibre skin

TVRS are not good in crashes i work next door to their body shop. they are shiiit. oh and by the way lots have problems getting through mots.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Strong or weak, the carbon fibre is unlikely to have the same qualities as the steel bonnet. Its not just about strength - the ability of the bonnet to crumple gradually and absorb the energy of an impact is the prime requrement.

Bloody hell Im beginning to bore myself here never mind everyone else!! Thats what watching Holby City does for you.. Thisll never do. Im going for a beer! Back later with the usual nonsense :D

BMW 320d Sport

carbon will look quality, best on a smooth bonnet without any vents. What about woven kevlar instead? Or perspex!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Whereas most metals will bend before giving way, carbon fibres tend to snap. Seen this happen in mountain biking and not nice when it is your saddle that is made out of carbon fibre and your arse when it snaps!!!!

I think one would look good on a silver clio.

Thing is youd have to get one made up for you as a one off, which could quite easily cost a couple of k. You could go down the essex boy route of just getting a carbon skinned one which wouldnt cost much. Eliminating these safety issues too.

-Rob

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

If its about weight you could get any moulding shop to build you one from fibreglass and you could have custom vents etc built into it

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

you could just get it skinned which dont cost to much and would give you the same affect, that is if you want to see the carbon weave ?

MalicE

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Why!!!

Your only going to regret it !!

its like putting viper stripes on

Yeah, its for nova boys only.

Theres no real point getting a carbon bonnet unless youre going for a full race style as the cost is huge.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

then again i suppose you could just paint it when it goes out of fashion :confused:

ring 0191 4781666 the company is called tsunami racing. they have just employed a guy who is a composite engineer. I have seen some of his work and its really good. The manager is called Andy and the guy that does the carbon (anything u want in carbon he will do apparently) is called John.

It will look superb on anything apart from a black car IMHO but even then, would still be trick, go for it. Aint cheap but then again nothing worth having is................;)