ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carpet Cleaning

Really want to pull out my carpet, clean it and make it look brand new.

I dont see any kind of guide on here has anybody done this?

Maybe a steam cleaner will do the job?

Clio 172 Ph2
*oh er Mrs*

Carpet out is an easy job just remove the front seats ( remembering to disconnect the airbag wiring)

Standard carpet shampoo or a jet wash and shampoo works wonders

Sorry forgot to mention! I know how to remove the carpet :)

Does jet washing and shampoo make it look brand new too? Want it to its original fluffyness if poss.

Clio 172 Ph2
With a decent powerwasher yeah, just dont stay on the same spot for too long..... as for fluffyness I use one of these....

$(KGrHqFHJCsE+,+L!vmuBQLN0MZlBQ~~60_57.jpg

Large Dog Slicker brush

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i used vanish carpet cleaning powder on mine, came out good but the idea really is to flush the crap out, wet vac being the safest less messy.
or just pre clean the carpet with a carpet shampoo ( check for colour fastness ( sp ) ) and pressure wash it off. hang to dry :)

Only tool i have atm is a small Karcher pressure washer so il be using that with some shampoo. Hopefully that will get me a good result!

Recommend any shampoos?

Only other thing i need now is this rain to do one.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Rug doctor works well, you can hire one from B&Q for not much. That way you can also do your house carpets whilst your at it!