ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cars at uni

goin to reading uni soon, dont wana sell me car but think i might have to because ive heard is a bad idea bringin it to uni, arseholes hurtin it etc, is this true or will it be ok? maybe if i just get pucka alarm? hmmmm, help

cheers, mike

take your car cos you wont be able to go anywhere without it!! how can ppl stand bein without their cars no sorry cant be done

should be ok Readings ok thats where my mate goes and she has no probs!

vix ;)

its on this forum sumwhere bout that type of insurance-duno whther its final tho.

park it under street lights, naer where u live, dont leave nething inside it etc-do all that

cheers vix, convinced me! reckon worth shellin out couple of hundred for good alarm? standard one isnt too bad is it? or is it!?

mike

good plan boyracer, will do, might bring my sh*tty saxo for a while, see how it is, then start bringin m car wen can be sure it wont get assaulted!

yeah def take your car matey then you can still come to meets in your beeaatch!! ;)

best to get a proper alarm cos although the standard ones are ok you can never have an alarm too good plus it might make your insurance slighty lower so you can keep your car!!

vix :)

Im at uni in Liverpool and not seen any problems from students themselves - just the thieving little scouse scallys that think its fun to put a window through or nick ur motor.

I live in a student village with secure parking - well worth the extra money. People who dont pay it and park outside often get their car vandalised (I had one stolen - hence the reason I pay to park it inside now!).

I wouldnt take the risk of a pimped up car without secure parking (key scratches and smashed windows are as much of a pain in the arse as stolen vehicles if u ask me). Mine is only a standard RT and I wouldnt risk it with that .

ouch. can someone give me any contacts for insurance for little scratches and dents n windows etc? would be a big old help!

cheers, mike

Depends, If you go to a respectable uni you will be fine otherwise not.

Your Lucky and chosen a good uni, I live near Reading and its fine. Just park it away from people walk, just imagine a hevey night and the damage a bottle could do.

Enjoy your time there!!

I was at Bristol Uni for four years and always had a nice Clio with me, except for in the 1st year when it was not allowed to bring a car to Halls.

I kept my 1st Clio on the street in a residential area, but it did get broken into lots. In the end I managed to get some off road parking by looking in the classifieds and thats where I kept my Valver for another two years when I got that - low cost and safe.

Mr2 Roadster

Do what I did and be a f**king hard b*****d and hang out with the even harder b******s, then no one will f**k with you or your car!

Ive done 3 degrees now (just starting my fourth) and i can honestly say KEEP YOUR CAR. Not only is it very handy having a car, it a good way to get in with the ladies (i.e. giving them lifts to the supermarket etc;)). Youll make lots of friends because everyone needs lifts. I built up alot of favours giving people lifts to the airport, trainstation etc, that comes in very useful when you need it. I never had any problem with damage to my car. In terms of your insurance, i always register my car at my parents address when at uni as this is my permanent address. This keeps the premium low. Its a myth that students are poor. With student loans, working part time, and being a bit dogdy i ran a tuned 200sx during my Msc and a tuned Silvia during my second Bsc. I reakon i was taking home about 15k in total per year. Plus youll have lots of time on your hands to muck about in your car. Work, pfffft, who needs it?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by nickyb121 on 22 August 2003

Do what I did and be a f**king hard b*****d and hang out with the even harder b******s, then no one will f**k with you or your car!
says he the fairy queen, oooo look at you love.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 22 August 2003

Ive done 3 degrees now
Yeah arent they getting a bit old now? did some good songs tho.

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 22 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by nickyb121 on 22 August 2003

says he the fairy queen, oooo look at you love.

:( Im teling my Mum of you!

Revels Mum & Sister

There was a post on one of the forums about this Dent Insurance for members!! Any idea where its gone or if its going ahead???

Cant find it anywhere.

Oh and keep your car mate. Comes in well handy as King Stromba said!

I had my car at uni for 3 years, going back again this year and didnt have single problem. My car did get dented, but it was when I came back home.

Paul

im not sure either mike, im going bournemouth uni in sep, but sharing a house instead of staying in halls of res so no sercure parking - but also no parking fees!

i might just see how much quotes are under my name at the house address at uni if not.... u reckon i would get away with keeping the car under my dads name and keeping my car at uni for 2 weeks of the month? or am i pretty much f**ked if i have an accident?

172 M69 eater

well since i went to uni ive got a f**k load of dinks, super glue on my front wing, iv had my wing mirrors driven into and i found a kid tryin to break into my car, so we taught him a lesson :devilish:

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

nickyb121s got a point. if people know whos car it is then they wont do anything to it. make sure you dont hang around with bunch of panzies!! also gotta make sure the pikey kids respect you and your car, theyre the little sods wholl try and be clever and pretend your car is a goal. a firm say thanks to your mum for last night" usually moves them on and shuts them up.

lol not really not around here any way u say that to the lil fukker they pretend they wanna fight "oh yea come on then" return "oi shut up u lil sh*t stabber i doubt youve even started puberty yet what u gonno do" the lil sh*t kicks u in the knee and runs off "so u chase em down the road grab the lil fukker with on arm and get him in a arm lock untill the lil fukker begs for his life u let him go.... half way down the road he turns around and shouts "me and my mates will kick your arse later"

ok u never see the lil s*t again they dont learn there lesson the only time i know some1 to have learn there lesson is a 16 year old lad who keyd my mates mums car he grabbed the fukker and pounded his face in. so... they u go to seriously protect ur car u have to comit GBH?!?! wot is the world coming too? ;)

if u wanna keep your car safe just make sure u park it in a nice area with good lighting and also away from pubs and club routes

Our Uni parking on the roads is quite cool, heh

M3s, Alpinas, WRX STis.. Magazine Cover Cars, Serious Jap machinery.. Its like walking through a car show on the way to lectures.. hehe.