ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars electronics!?!? :S

1.216V Hologram Grey
i apologise if this is a re-post but i searched and my phone doesnt want to open the new page, im wondering if anyone can help!? my mums clio seems to have a major problem with the electronics...its one of those start button egnitions, and the dashboard displays a message 'braking fault' and the brake feels very heavy..when i press the egnition start button i hear a lot of clicking from what seems to be coming from behind the dashboard (the same kind of clicking you hear when you press the windows down) and a few other lights on the dashboard light up....all in all the car wont start...nothing electrical will work (however the curtisy lights will come on and dashboard lights will work) and the car wont lock...can anyone help? its getting her down and just wondering if any of you knew the extent of the problem? thankyou :)

1.216V Hologram Grey
aha crisis over :L took it to renault for a diognostic (£65) they said that the battery (for no apparent reason) stopped working and because it did it so suddenly it knocked all the electronics off to do with starting the car and the whole thing needed to be rebooted :L (£150) ahh well not the end of the world.. I wonder how common this is?