ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars going to be standing...

Fiesta ST-3
Had a leg injury on Monday and im not going to be able to drive for a month. Is there anything i need to do to keep the car ticking over ok. Just start it up for a couple of minutes every other day? Its not even at my house, its at the g/fs and ive not seen her (the car) since Monday :( Sad times.

Iceberg 172
Not a thing... It'll be fine! The brakes will never sieze in a month.

However, I would never reccomend starting a car up and then switching it off after 2 minutes. let it warm right up, clear the condensation out the exhaust and then switch it off... but if it's only for a month you won't have to do this.

My brothers old scooter had been sat in my garage for 6 years... it started 2nd time last week! And that hasn't moved / been started in 6 years!

Fiesta ST-3
Okay cheers lads. Well I've been starting her up and letting her run up to temp say 10 minutes. Thanks for the advice ladies.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My mums car gets left that long quite regularly, never think anything of it.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Just leave it. Doing anything other than taking it for proper drive will do it more harm than good.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I thought this was going to be like 1 year+.

Loads of people leave cars for a month, only thing with the clio is the alarm may drain the battery so do the lock from inside through the passenger door and then look the passenger door thingy.