ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars, loss of motivation

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Iv been car mad/obsessed since i was 4 or 5 Always have been. But i get bored of cars fairly quickly, ill buy a new car. Love it to death. Year later and usually many moneys later, im bored and fancy somthing else. Anyone else like this?
Recently iv been feeling like this about the 182, but with this i know ill mega regret selling it (out of 73 cars iv owned....yes 73, theres 3 i regret, e36, impreza and my Starlet glanza)

Anyone got any advice on how to keep my head in the game?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Iv been car mad/obsessed since i was 4 or 5 Always have been. But i get bored of cars fairly quickly, ill buy a new car. Love it to death. Year later and usually many moneys later, im bored and fancy somthing else. Anyone else like this?
Recently iv been feeling like this about the 182, but with this i know ill mega regret selling it (out of 73 cars iv owned....yes 73, theres 3 i regret, e36, impreza and my Starlet glanza)

Anyone got any advice on how to keep my head in the game?
Don't. If you feel like a change, just do it. Just don't sink loads of money into each.

Past couple of years I've had a few cars including an M3, and my total spend is floating around zero

535d / t5 caravelle
Thrash the tits off it on the right roads, this normally helps or clean it and drive nice and slowly, to keep it that way.

73 cars?... how old are you?

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Some good points about, its been sorn for a month. Maybe i do just need to drive it...or maybe i should just have a change lol.

Thrash the tits off it on the right roads, this normally helps or clean it and drive nice and slowly, to keep it that way.

73 cars?... how old are you?

Just gone 28. About 50 of those was brought to sell on to be fair but did use them in the mean time.
#thehustle ?

535d / t5 caravelle
Some good points about, its been sorn for a month. Maybe i do just need to drive it...or maybe i should just have a change lol.

Just gone 28. About 50 of those was brought to sell on to be fair but did use them in the mean time.
#thehustle [emoji23]
Wish i could just buy em and get rid just like that, i get attached.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Not driving them is THE quickest way to lose interest mate. I had it happen with my cup during the build up, and also with my current steed - the AG200.

Every time I drive the AG, it reminds me of why I have it, so I can certainly relate to where you’re coming from mate.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Na i haven't to be honest, possibly a dc5 or fiesta st.
Iv got 2 years until iv promised myself ill buy a kit car (mnr vortx, tiger avon or mk indy)
Got an e46 daily at the moment, its a saloon 2.2, comfy and sounds good but not very thrilling lol
I was just about to say buy something mental for the weekend like a Caterham style kit car, or some mental engine conversion classic Mini, something that's batshit and is nothing like a regular fast daily, but you're way ahead of me.

This is exactly why I take my build slowly and one step at a time. It allows me to drive my car, and I keep looking forward to the next mod/improvement.
If you can make money of of it, that's fine, but I have never made any money on cars, and I doubt your in too deep with your Clio to make any on that.
Get into it, finish your build, update your thread for us in the meantime, and use and enjoy your high spec track car.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
@Raceface_13 missed the kit car comment. If you like tinkering just as much as the driving, then a kitcar will certainly keep you entertained.
I've owned mine 8 months now, which is longer than most cars I've owned, and I've driven it less than 4 miles lol

535d / t5 caravelle
Think it depends if you use them daily. I don't use a car daily, so struggle to get attached. Might be the same for @Raceface_13

I used to drive mine daily, but my current car I probably only drive 2/3 times a week, but when I do I really enjoy it,so I guess it works both ways, for me at least.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yes mate you, sorry thought id qouted you, thats a bit tasty! Why only 4 miles?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Cos I've pretty much rebuilt it since I bought it lol. Should of been done ages ago but 3 months of working away this year has made it go on much longer :(

Land Rover
Sell your cars and buy a Ferrari.

The last car you’ll ever buy. Once you’ve owned one there’s nothing else.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Am I right in thinking you’ve made your car into a track car and used it once in torrential rain at donnington?

If so get it back on track, several times! Hold off spending more on it and just use it. Then you’ll have the desire to use it more as you’ll want to drive it faster/better than the trackday before. This will become a repeat cycle.

It’s a car, not an ornimant. The cars I like are the ones that I have memories in/with

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Am I right in thinking you’ve made your car into a track car and used it once in torrential rain at donnington?

If so get it back on track, several times! Hold off spending more on it and just use it. Then you’ll have the desire to use it more as you’ll want to drive it faster/better than the trackday before. This will become a repeat cycle.

It’s a car, not an ornimant. The cars I like are the ones that I have memories in/with

Correct sir, think your right i just need to pull my finger out and do some track days in it to get some love back. Works been thst mad the last 3-4 months i haven't had time for it.

E46M3
I’m just the same, got great cars but sold them all again. Like said, life is too short to drive all cars you’d like but I’ll try as much as possible!

On the other hand, if you only just did one trackday, get a full season in before selling! Clio’s shine on track!