ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars you sold that are now worth a fortune

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What a list. Some epic motors in there mate. I remember going with a friend years ago to buy a Mk2 RS2000. White, T plate and absolutely stock. He’d sold a Mk2 Astra GTE to buy it and he gave £2,500 for it. Must’ve been 89/90 as I was was 17/18 at the time. Car was absolutely mint.
Them mk 2 Astra Gte used to go but the handling let them down, same as the Sunbeam Lotus, the Renault 5 Turbo had issues as well they used to catch alight when hot. They made a Mazda 323 4x4 which was fun but the interior was bad like the Lancia,s brown plastic and very rattly. When the first mobiles came out i had a Sony black thing plugged in the cigarette lighter which blew all the electrics on the lancia.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Probably not you guys sort of thing, but my old 'Jessie'

Elan Sprint, purchased in 1973, 1 year old £1400, sold on ten years later for £2K - family forces sale; as they say.
Haven't looked in last few years but last time I checked was around £35K if you could find a genuine one, a few years ago checked with Lotus Owners Club and the car was still around although it had been chopped to DHC and in Players 'Golf Leaf' Colours.
Sorry - crap picture but didn't have proper cameras back then!
lotus_elan_sprint.jpg

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
A thread designed for me.

Worth a lot More:
1990 E30 M3 ( Maybe 6 times)
2000 P1 with all Prodrive options ( Maybe 2 times)
Z3M Coupe. (Maybe 3 times)
309 GTI Goodwood (Maybe 5 times)
Opel Manta GTE Exclusive ( Maybe 4 times)

Worth a little more:
130i
V8 M3
Clio Trophy
R26 Meg

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Them mk 2 Astra Gte used to go but the handling let them down, same as the Sunbeam Lotus, the Renault 5 Turbo had issues as well they used to catch alight when hot. They made a Mazda 323 4x4 which was fun but the interior was bad like the Lancia,s brown plastic and very rattly. When the first mobiles came out i had a Sony black thing plugged in the cigarette lighter which blew all the electrics on the lancia.

My Bro had a Mk 2 Astra GTE 16v. Superchiped with Scorpion Exhaust in say 1995. It was balistic. I still do not understand how 160 - 170 bhp felt so fast. But my 110 bhp Manta would eat it alive in the twisties. Steering had no feel either in the Astra.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Oh I also test drove a 1995 Corrado VR6 Storm & a Red UK 1999 Integra Type R back in 2004 before buying a 306 GTI-6.

I still think the 306 was the better car but history not reflected in the values.