ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carting bikes on a 182

Recaro + Cupped 182
Hello,

Is there a good/non messy-ish way to cart bikes around on a clio 182 with the cup spoiler or am I asking for trouble? I've got an old Rhode Gear rack but i dont think I want to put the weight on the spoiler

ST
Thule ones work well, there's a few boys on here who are into their MTB'ing, Rory and Rufstuf have carried my bike a few times down to the borders when we've been going away for the wkend etc, not a problem.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't know, i've seen pictures on here, I imagine it's just a normal Renault PH2 rack

Black Gold 182 FF
I got a Thule roof rack and 2 bike carriers on it, I thought about a rear carrier but it puts too much weight on the back door/bumper and the hooks look like they would be difficult to work round the cup spoiler.

Recaro + Cupped 182
Cool, sounds good! sorry to be nosey but how much was that set up? any chance of some pics?

Black Gold 182 FF
Plus, when the bike is on the roof you don't even know it is there (maybe a bit more fuel used though on a long run).

Recaro + Cupped 182
Yup, shite. That looks quite good, water proof so handy for getting rid of dead hookers too!

Dodgy one
Image010.jpg

Thule 591s with the appropriate thule roof bars, Paid £30 for the bars 2nd hand mean't for a beemer touring :eek:

New foot pack for £20 from roofracks.co.uk and brand new 591s from Skysomethingorother ;) for £60 notes

I can swap it between the clio and the other halfs 206 by swapping the feet round

Cant beat it, nice and sturdy too