ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castle Combe Performance Car Action Day 2008

After a gorgeous week here in Wiltshire we were treated to a nice downpour for the first Action Day of 2008. As expected Quarry + Rain was quite eventful, lots and lots of spins but thankfully not too many major offs in the morning.

I only stayed for the first 4 hours but managed to get quite a few pics before my camera was completely drenched, and I think I caught up with just about everyone I knew there...

The Stand

281604975_6hxsR-L.jpg

281609029_Vt4GF-L.jpg

281609955_PJJkF-L.jpg

281609564_DsDKr-L.jpg

On Track

281600917_H5pyC-L.jpg

281601204_MwHSa-L.jpg

281603097_2mQgE-L.jpg

281604361_VcGfs-L.jpg

281602556_3gHXP-L.jpg

281602327_kwJXz-L.jpg

281612699_u94x3-L.jpg

281613854_WvYLQ-L.jpg

281616427_zHHTi-L.jpg

Plenty more here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/4751521_vAJ8h

Was the first action day I have been to in a long time.

The cliosport area had a decent number of cars on it.

Did you go at about 1pm? I passed a White 197 on the long straight between Lackham College and Sainsburys about then. Just before I passed that one there was a Megane Trophy in the layby with a guy chucking up next to it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ukaskew, me and big jts were stood right behind you at quarry, just before the drift cars came out... We were too embarrased to tap you on the shoulder and say hello...

ukaskew, me and big jts were stood right behind you at quarry, just before the drift cars came out... We were too embarrased to tap you on the shoulder and say hello...

pmsl, never saw you two during the whole day. I did spend a lot of time with the White 197 Cup though, gorgeous.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Big jts (forum name) was driving it. He's got his own 197 in Racing blue but couldn't be arsed to clean it so took the company demo from the dealers he works at!

Nice picture's, i was there with Weekendracer, had a look at the clio stand very good,

Twitchy back end anyone ? I was out in the downpoor, not good when you have a budget on the rear :|

SchwepTek™
Chris - no pics of my car or the main Vee's and banner on the stand! :eek: ;)

Dan - car looked mint, let me know as soon as you want to sell!

White 197
Hello Schweppy, didn't realise that was your car until I got back and saw your avatar. Would have come and said hello if I had known

White 197
Well the other half is the one who works at UWE and he tends to get in early so probably wouldn't spot it anyway. What car park number are you in?

Hope you didn't mind us parking up at the end without telling you.

Did you see the other little clio mini meet not far from us?

SchwepTek™
No didnt see that.

We all wondered who's the white 197 was!!!! I would have come and said hello otherwise as I was stood in the pouring rain taking pictures of it and the rest of the stand. You prob saw me lol.

White 197
Gabriel says if you ever find yourself in C Block call into Law Reception and he will come and say hello.

He knows Tim Blackman very well.

SchwepTek™
I have never actually met Tim but speak to him a bit on here. He's selling now though isnt he. Never venture into C Block but when i do, i'll call into reception ;) lol.

White 197
I know he mentioned an Elise sometime ago but then was out having a chat with the chap from DMS about remaps when they took the map off the old car.

So i'm not sure what he's thinking of.

good pics, too wet today for me, my camera stayed in the glove box lol

Hey,

Did you follow me up earlier? Caught me up going into Bradford on Avon?

If so, have seen you about quite a few times too. Did come to ask earlier but you weren't by your car.

LY R26
yeah that was me, i didnt know if it was anyone off here until i saw the CS sticker on the way, everytime i went back to the car no one was about either lol

yeah that was me, i didnt know if it was anyone off here until i saw the CS sticker on the way, everytime i went back to the car no one was about either lol

lol.

Well, will flash next time. Saw you in Blandford a few weeks back. It's the numberplate, rememberable! :D