ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castrol Edge Sport

0-40 is fine its a bit thin for the Uk climate but protects down to silly low temps

5 weight oil protects down to -25 degress 0 wirhts is even more fluid at low temps.

The 40 grade is fine ideal in the Uk climate for Clios for road use.

You might fine the 0-40 oil does need topping up a bit as it will leak out the seals and gasgets as its so fluid when cold but that not a problem it helps protect the engine.

williams and trophy
tbh, iv used it in 2 diff cars, both suffered from high temps and low pressure afterwards. it didnt stay in long, and i wont be using it again.

Civic Type R EK9
Well edde im going to halfords 2moz and i do a fair bit of track use well will be what shall i use semi?? or fully?? and what make and grade as they only sell mobil or castrol

Civic Type R EK9
how come ben im sure castrol with there reputation there fine ive used edge before was good just unsure on what grade to use they recommend 0w30 for 182 fully synth

Civic Type R EK9
yeh down as low as -30c i really dont know what oil to get now!!

what do you all use fully synth i want and what grades

Chelsea tractor
Well unless you live in Lapland I don't think you'll be needing 0w30 ;)

I've got 5w40, Shell I think :) Not hard to guess where that was from lol

williams and trophy
no no no no no

shell helix ultra.

with the edge stuff you will be getting high temps and low pressures, especially if you do a lot of track miles...trust me.

i only did about 400 miles with it in, oil press never went above 3 bar, and within 5 mins of driving steady was up at 120 deg.

any hard driving for a prolonged amount of time will break the oil down massively and give very little protection

Civic Type R EK9
ok mate just spoke to national tyres and they want £25 to change oil to fully synth duckhams 5w40 my dads mate used to use it when he had his rally cars