ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castrol Experience at M-sport WRC Team

A4 Avant
A couple of weeks ago my Brother and I were lucky enough to be invited to a Castrol Corporate day at M-Sport WRC Team. The event consisted of two days and as it was up in Cumbria a hotel was provided. The first day was get there in the afternoon, check in to the hotel followed by a factory tour and a meal in the boardroom. We also recieved a load of nice castrol branded gear. Next day was a passenger ride in a full on WRC Fiesta, passenger ride in Bowler Wildcat, then onto a kart circuit where we’d get the chance to do laps in a R1 & R2 Fiesta Rally Car. Unbelievable day. The highlight was the WRC, I’ve been out on trackdays before, but the way Thiery Neuville handled the car was breath taking. They gave us incar footage on a memory stick and I literally giggled all the way through. For the first time ever I was actually glad it was raining. I’ll try and put the footage on youtube.

Some Pics (Quite a few):

The Hotel was pretty grand
DSC_6655.jpg

DSC_6658.jpg

DSC_6662.jpg

DSC_6671.jpg

My room had a sunk in the floor bath and tv on the wall, shame I didn’t get to use it.
DSC_6679.jpg

I actually had my own Turret that led to the roof
DSC_6684.jpg

The view from my personal turret
DSC_6686.jpg

DSC_6700.jpg

Onto the museum tour
DSC_6708.jpg

DSC_6710.jpg

DSC_6711.jpg

DSC_6713.jpg

DSC_6717.jpg

DSC_6719.jpg

DSC_6721.jpg

DSC_6723.jpg

DSC_6725.jpg

The factory tour
DSC_6730.jpg

DSC_6732.jpg

DSC_6733.jpg

DSC_6735.jpg

Me in the WRC Fiesta
DSC_6742.jpg

DSC_6747.jpg

DSC_6748.jpg

DSC_6751.jpg

DSC_6754.jpg

DSC_6755.jpg

DSC_6758.jpg

Bowler Wildcat
DSC_6773.jpg

DSC_6779.jpg

DSC_6783.jpg

Ooops
DSC_6784.jpg

Cool lift
DSC_6789.jpg

My Bro in the Wildcat
DSC_6797.jpg

DSC_6801.jpg

DSC_6806.jpg

Me after the passenger ride
DSC_6825.jpg

WRC Fiesta
DSC_6828.jpg

DSC_6830.jpg

DSC_6832.jpg

DSC_6833.jpg

Thiery Neuville (Had just finished 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in rally Australia)
DSC_6836.jpg

DSC_6838.jpg

DSC_6841.jpg

DSC_6848.jpg

My Bro in the WRC
DSC_6853.jpg

DSC_6861.jpg

DSC_6869.jpg

Me in the WRC
DSC_6901.jpg

Tight Fit (Knew I shouldn't have had the 2nd piece of cake)
DSC_6928.jpg

DSC_6932.jpg

DSC_6941.jpg

DSC_6942.jpg

At the Kart Track
DSC_6944.jpg

DSC_6954.jpg

DSC_6955.jpg

DSC_6957.jpg

Malcolm Wilsons Son took us out in the R2 to show us what it could do
DSC_6963.jpg

DSC_6964.jpg

DSC_6966.jpg

Probably the best car experience I’ve had.

A4 Avant
I got one more, but there was a guy in the photo and I wasn't sure anyone would identify the car:

DSC_6709.jpg

It was a thing of beauty.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would of walked there from telford and slept in a bush in the car park to get close to that RS1700t.Super super rare.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Lucky buggers!!

But that looks like Elfyn Evans that took you out in the R2, he is Gwyndaf Evans son, and will hopefully be getting a full works wrc drive soon.

A4 Avant
The 1700T was rough round the edges, but it was part of the appeal. Looked so brutal, all square edges. The guy taking us around had been with Malcolm Wilson from the beginning and told us lots of cool stories about the cars and Company.

He got introduced as malcolms son, but no matter what he was a proper nice guy. Just having a natter whilst I was in the driving seat hammering round a kart track when I had no idea of directions.:evil:

330Ci cab
pics look great, but...

RS1700T MAN!!!! there's like 2 or 3 in the world! you should have seen me sit bolt upright when i saw that 3/4 panel!
the other pics make up for it though, looks like it was a fantastic experience. very jealous and glad you enjoyed it :D

Merc A class
Awesome, i was out on a supercar drive and Elfyn Evans came along in the R2 was an epic sight on the motorway!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
If it was Elfyn he would have had a really welsh accent. Just looks like him in the pics.
I would love to blag a day out like that.

A4 Avant
managed to get the video on youtube:

[video=youtube_share;hV7UqUg1BD8]http://youtu.be/hV7UqUg1BD8[/video]

he hit 150kmh early on, down a dirt track, in the rain. Heroic car control.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wow that's some experience, you are a lucky guy.

I like to think I too would have had a grin on my face although in reality I'd probably be screaming my head off.

RS Cosworth & Clio 172
Yeah, it was a great couple of days. I've never known someone have such confidence in a car like Thiery did in that Fiesta, got to give credit to the guy.

182 / 370Z/ 320
Sounds Great I work for Castrol and went to the WRC in Wales last Dec and ended up doing two stages with P.Solberg and Latvala who had won the Rally the day before.
Whos your Castrol contact ?

Ady

Yeah, it was a great couple of days. I've never known someone have such confidence in a car like Thiery did in that Fiesta, got to give credit to the guy.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Awesome place! Crazy to think its only down the road from me. Looks like you had a great time.

A friend works there and hes never in the country, constantly off testing etc in various places. Would love a job there.

A4 Avant
I'd love to work there, especially on the R&D side.

A lot of the support teams and drivers are hardly at home which would be rubbish if you had family. Mega long hours.

Ady we don't have a contact at Castrol it was just a promotional type thing for garages using Castrol products.