ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WRC co Drive with Jari Matti Latvala

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
Just came across these on my computer and though you guys might fancy a gander, meant to post it up yonks ago! basically a m8 of mine won a competition on talksport radio for a co drive with jari matti latvala back in 2008, he rang me to tell me the news and he was obviously over the moon! 2 days later he rang with even better news, he could take a m8 and he had put my name down!!:D:D Seeming as we go to wales rally gb every year it fitted in perfectly. BP ford put us upin a 5* hotel on the sunday after the rally had finished and in the morning we drove to a stage called Walters Arena and there awaited a full works spec WRC Ford Focus (it was actually mikko hervonens car, the one he rolled a few days before!) under a gazebo with a few mechanics round it. We werent the only ones there as other competition winners were there also, one poor chap was to big to fit in the seat and had to forefit his go! poor bloke! Anyway me and my m8 were the last 2 to go out with Jari, one the run with my m8, Jari got a bit too familiar with a ditch and ripped half the front bumper and headlight off and on my run he smashed the wingmirror off and cracked the windscreen! lol was unbelievable how much control these guys have and they could still talk to you through the intercom doing 90+ sideways in the cold wet forests of wales! sorry the vid in the car isnt great but believe me its near on impossible to keep the camera still! Was an amazing experience and unlikely i will ever get to do it again.. 1st vid is from outside the car and the second 1 is from my actual co drive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB4w9Q6aJ8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMePHVrfSqU