ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castrol RS 10W-60

Theres one called Castrol TWS 10W60 which is thiew top range oil!

Its the only oil that BMW recommend for thier M Powered cars - otherwise the engine might blow up!!

Castrol RS 10 -60w is good i have been using it in my car since i bought it last year and ive had no problems!!

in fact#! its very good. ...

well basicly i wanna knjow if i should go spend my money on it or another oil or just go in to BP and get Magnatec on my Company Fuel Card;)

Quote: Originally posted by RPM on 12 March 2004

Bought 12litres dirt cheap so i am going to use it. Could it be harmful for the engine Ben?

Lars
no, it wont harm anything.

i just dont like castrol right now due to theur synthetic policies. They are synthetic by % volume, not by content. Mobil took them to court a while ago but catrol won and were allowed to use the synthetic term. Then there was a scare that mobil and other serious oil companies would move te same practice to save some bucks.

still doesnt really matter what you go for as all specs of that oil will have to be freely available.

But typically the competition 10w40 semi from elf available at Ren is good stuff. You can spend more on better oils, but you really dont need to.