ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAT Problems

Clio 182 Cup
Hi Guys,

Had my CAT looked at three times by renault and replaced once whilst under warranty because its whistling badly and sounds like airs escaping from the section under driver on my 182 cup. Im out of warranty now and it was last fixed by them in april which is also when warranty ran out. Do i have any leg to stand on with regards to getting it fixed as its exactly the same fault.

Also my car is on 38700 miles and havent had 36k service done yet is it a major problem if renault aree to look at my car and see service hasnt been done?

Cheers

Shhh
Whats wrong with it.?

Mine cracked on the rear flange, was the rear boxes rubber that had perished, causing them to sag, stressing the cat joint.

Take a look at them, there the ones with the 2 'X's in them, if they sag, they are fucked..

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i had a type of whistle/squeel from the gasket between the manifold and Cat. I reckon you have a good case if they have tried to fix it before and failed. Give them a call and if there's no luck chase it to higher places