ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat rattle

clio 172 cup
I'm new to clios so I apologise for my lack of knowledge. I'm getting two rattles coming from the exhaust. a high pitched "bag of coins" kinda rattle from the catalytic converter area, when driving and when I had it up on stands and gave it a poke and a bang it sounds like loose change. Then there's a loud low pitch banging rattle from the back box area between 3000-4000 rpm. These normal sounds? Are they linked? Any ideas please.

clio 172 cup
I'm new to clios so I apologise for my lack of knowledge. I'm getting two rattles coming from the exhaust. a high pitched "bag of coins" kinda rattle from the catalytic converter area, when driving and when I had it up on stands and gave it a poke and a bang it sounds like loose change. Then there's a loud low pitch banging rattle from the back box area between 3000-4000 rpm. These normal sounds? Are they linked? Any ideas please.
It's a 172 cup, 53 plate. forgot to mention

clio 172 cup
Standard exhaust, all mounts seem fine. Heat shield is Abit suspect in places tho. The catalytic rattle is my main concern it sounds like loose change in the box