ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash rattle after impact

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
They're resurfacing the road by my house. Where the new road met the old road there was a 20cm sheer face, the roads a 50mph zone and I managed to get down to 30 before the impact.
It hit so hard the engine moved forward on it's mount and needed to be loosened off, realigned and tightened up again. It put a bulge in the sidewall of my PS3 tyre and now it's caused a god-awful rattle behind the dash somewhere.

It sounds like it's coming from behind the glovebox. I've removed all the loose items and put a hand to anything I can reach in and around the area and I can't seem to locate it. I've never had the dash off one of these but could it have broken a mounting point and that's causing the rattle? I know you can't really diagnose a rattle over the internet but I'm out of ideas!

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Suppose. I was trying to avoid that if at all possible. I'll give it a rattle at the weekend.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
It's put a huge bubble in a new tyre, moved the while engine off it's mounts and god knows what else. It was that high my splitter bottomed out on the higher bit!