ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat replacement

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm thinking of cashing in my ph2 172 original cat and replacing it with a Ktec sports cat, is the Ktec going to last, more importantly is it reliably going to get through an MOT?

Any fitting issues?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Sports cats are usually borderline at MOT. They should work but it’ll be a case of really hot.

I’d think twice about doing it though, it’s only original once and some people will ask if it’s got it’s OE cat when buying. It’s not something that’d bother me to be honest but I know it matters to some.

They only thing that’d make me swap would be OE to aftermarket in money terms as you can pay what £85 for a cat whereas a sports cat will cost you a lot more.

monaco 172
I'm surprised there's a thing left of your oe cat!

My phase 2 172 cat collapsed and I replaced it with a 90 quid cats2u cat which worked perfectly fine.

I wouldn't bother with a sports cat, even a decat doesn't really gain you much, so a sports cat for the price of them seems a waste of time

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It went through the mot no problem.on the original so must have some life in it, only on 89k so that might help a bit.

I say sports cat but any cat that mates up to my 172 manifold and ktec 2.5" system will do

monaco 172
Haha I recently did it with my civic. What I got for the OEM cat covered the cost of my new 421 manifold and a magnaflow sports cat (which is still sat in the shed as I fell in love with the sound and decided against welding it in lol)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Oooh...decisions.. is it really much of a difference having a 182 manifold? If I did what cat would fit between it and my Ktec?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I sacked my cat off and managed to be in pocket by £400 even after buying a 182 manifold, a link pipe, 2 new lambdas, titanium heat wrap and an exhaust manifold gasket 😂

If that ain't motivation to f**k the original cat off then I don't know what is!

Blimey, what they selling for now then!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Over £500 currently

Not up to date on prices because I got sick of people messaging me and then turning their nose up because I didn't give them eleventy million pounds.

Although I've seen £580+ thrown around but don't hold me to rights on that

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Aye, just get a 182 mani and a decat link pipe. Or get a link pipe and a sports cat made for less than £150

Either way you're quids in
I think I've not got the motivation at the moment for a 182 manifold, is there an off the shelf cat I can fit?

monaco 172
Crazy init. I got 440 for my fn2 civic cat.

Tommy is your boy for the best price. Or sell it to Yorkshire pudding, let him take a cut, and then you don't have to wait 3 months for Tommy to message you back on Facebook lol

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
Crazy init. I got 440 for my fn2 civic cat.

Tommy is your boy for the best price. Or sell it to Yorkshire pudding, let him take a cut, and then you don't have to wait 3 months for Tommy to message you back on Facebook lol

I just went to his house, travellers were constantly turning up with tippers full of legitimately obtained cats .

monaco 172
I just went to his house, travellers were constantly turning up with tippers full of legitimately obtained cats .
Who's? Puddings or Tommy's?
I can imagine, I bet all those people whos cars were sat helplessly in carparks couldnt wait to see the back of their cats

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Just weld a braided cable cage around it if you're worried

Thats sort of the point, I can't be bothered to weld anything to it, like, its mine - why do I need cover it all in my pigeon s**t welding just to stop some s**t bag from doing it.

But obviously with an attitude like that I'm just going to get it stolen , I've only just managed to seal it so it doesn't leak too 🤦‍♂️

Police did literally f**k all when my Lexus got done, said they weren't even going to check the cameras on the main road near by. Yet if I get pulled over by an overzealous traffic cop with a decat I'll be in trouble. Does my nut in.

Then there are folks making money from processing stolen cats like this Tommy bloke?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Thats sort of the point, I can't be bothered to weld anything to it, like, its mine - why do I need cover it all in my pigeon s**t welding just to stop some s**t bag from doing it.

But obviously with an attitude like that I'm just going to get it stolen , I've only just managed to seal it so it doesn't leak too 🤦‍♂️

Police did literally f**k all when my Lexus got done, said they weren't even going to check the cameras on the main road near by. Yet if I get pulled over by an overzealous traffic cop with a decat I'll be in trouble. Does my nut in.

Then there are folks making money from processing stolen cats like this Tommy bloke?
If Tommy knows they're robbed he won't touch em usually. Handling stolen goods ain't exactly great when new cats have unique serials because of thefts

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So what's the difference between a 200 cell sports cat and a £95 Ebay special? Sports cat louder and less restrictive?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
FFS I would rather they were worthless so some scrote didn't nick it. Gov really need to step up and sort this shite out.

They can't do anything about the demand, global prices are high, the valuable metals inside have a range of uses.

They could properly fund the police, prosecution service and prisons so they could catch these thieving c***s and actually put them away for a decent stretch.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
They can't do anything about the demand, global prices are high, the valuable metals inside have a range of uses.

They could properly fund the police, prosecution service and prisons so they could catch these thieving c***s and actually put them away for a decent stretch.

I didn't mean that the government needed to alter the price of precious metals, I'm not that thick haha more that the police (for what ever reason) are not doing enough to fight it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Legislation was brought in to combat metal theft, but clearly if you can sell to an individual you can side-step that.

It's not easy to investigate either, they're very quick when it comes to stealing these things.