ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Catalytic converter scrap value

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I'm about to take my old cat off my 172, it still works, I'm just swapping it for a sports cat, does anyone know what kinda prices people are getting from them scrap value? My local scrap yard said they'd take it and pay me for it, but I've no idea if what they offer will be a decent price or not.

Cheers

Clio 197
I was looking at the same thing a while back and I think the going rate was about £50, possibly more depending on the car it came from.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
yeah prices seem to be all over the place.

DrR, the centre section flange is pretty rusty and leaks pretty badly, I wouldn't sell it

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Mines genuine as far as I know, I don't think its ever been changed, I'll have to get it off and have it look. I've heard grinding the pipes off will increase how much they give you for it, less for work for them to do apparently, anyone know if it's worth doing?