ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Catch Tank Placement

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I need to mount my catch tank and struggling to get ideas.
I have removed the air box strap mounting thing by the battery so was thinking of adding a second bolt hole on the battery cover so it is a bit more sturdy and then putting the catch tank onto that somehow

IMG_9807.jpeg

Just had a look now and it looks like there is not enough room between the batter and cover so that idea is out of the question.

What have other people done to attach catch tanks?

Clio 172 + Clio200T
JamesBryan hint about near coolant tank is good!
On my trackday toy since I got the small cup ventilation fan I fitted it under the scuttle panel. It leave more space under bonnet but its very accessible to do maintenance.

Clio 172 + Clio200T
Just found a pict I took a while ago.
"Springy" thing is for the hose to avoid collapsing.
It was an ebay catch tank, but inside is totally different now..I also machined new inlets and new insides.

Attachments

• IMG_20220824_191727.jpg
    IMG_20220824_191727.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
  172 Ph1
I have my battery in the boot , helps free up a lot of space . Is that an option for you to consider?
Next to the coolant bottle is a good place as others have mentioned .

20a5f84dae8e38081f606608292efec1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I have my battery in the boot , helps free up a lot of space . Is that an option for you to consider?
Next to the coolant bottle is a good place as others have mentioned .

View attachment 1627476

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Battery is still in the standard place, I haven't thought about moving it yet but might do one day. You are right it would free up loads of space. Actually had it out the ther day and without that and the front slam pannel it is quite spacious in there! The bracket thing where you have got yours and the filter housing on it is an ideal place I think! Might move it all when I get the battery relocated - I just want it running ASAP so I can at least move it out the way of my garage so I can get the other car out as I need to do some spraying of the bumper and that before I can say the Clio is "finished" for this bit of work I am doing.

I think I am going next to the coolant bottle after taking another look, was a little worried of it leaking over the hot exhaust but I doubt it will. Bought a rivnut gun the other day (hope to turn up this week) so I can fir the catch tank and also the heat shield as that is next weekend's job to do. I was thinking of putting the FPR on the side of the pannel where the slam pannel went/next to the light as there is a bit of room on the right hand side now. Ahaion hope a rivnut will help sort fitting that!

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mine was up near the coolant bottle. A normal person would have put fittings onto the bulkhead but I cable tied it to the brake lines coming off the abs pump. Worked a treat 👍