ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

caught Doin 110mph

hey got flashed at 110mph sat nite racing a 16v (L4 RLY) number plate summin like that , had a mate wiv a williams wiv him but he pulled over lettin us race, i was about 2 car lengths behind the 16v then we got flashed, wot ya rekon the best thing to do now is , cause if i understand its an instant ban , even though he was infront of me and it was prob him that triggered it i will prob get done yeah, ???? wot the hell can i do or am i pretty much f**cked

cheers

Ummm, yeah, fooked would be the word! Your only hope is to get off on a technicality - like if you get a Notice of Intended Prosecution through the post then DONT SIGN IT ANYWHERE, even if it threatens you into doing so. There is no legal reason why you have to sign it - just provide who was driving (so you dont break the S172 failure to provide information rule) but do not sign it. Anywhere. Not even a covering letter. If you do a letter, type it out and do not sign it.

Speedtrapbible has more on this.

in some cases ive heard you can be issued with 6months too - dont want to scare you or anything.

Not alot you can do mate - will have to sit and hope it didnt have any film in. If you ever fancy doing !10 on a motorway again - make sure there aint no camera signs about, or better still only put your foot down on roads you know well. Its not worth the gamble as your now finding out..

hope things work out ok for you m8.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

burn your car out now m8 and say it was stolen because if they have both of you on camera theyll have you for street racing as well as speeding.......you could even get bird

hmmm rite i thought i knew the road well , but obviously not n e body know the person i was racing , yer when it comes through i aint gonna sign it , if it aint through within 14 days i am safe rite

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

sorry but its true

whats the score though with these portable ones now the law has changed. The old ones have to be clearly visable and bright yellow so shouldnt the portable ones have warning signs and be highly visable too??????

Golf 1.4 TSI

JUST WAIT AND SEE IF YOU GET THE N.I.P IF ITS AFTER 17 DAYS THEY WILL BE TO LATE TO PROSECUTE YOU, SO AFTER THEN YOU COULD BE IN THE CLEAR. IF YOU DO GET ONE THROUGH REQUEST TO SEE THE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE, IS YOUR LEGAL RIGHT TO DO SO. DONT SIGN IT WHEN YOU SEND IT BACK AS THIS INCRIMINATES YOURSELF INTO ADMITTING YOUR GUILT. AS FAR AS I HAVE HEARD IF YOU DO NOT SIGN IT, THE INFORMATION CAN NOT BE USED BY THE PROSECUTION IN COURT. I WOULD PERSONALLY SPEAK TO A LAWYER FOR MORE INFO, THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE MUCH MORE ACCURATE AND RELIABLE ADVICE

GOOD LUCK MATEY:)

wait for the citation matey. Your going to court. Go to court dont just send the lawyer. Also wear a suit dont turn up like a ned in trackkies.

Put on your sorry I was a fool face and you might lose you license for a short period like a month not a year or 5.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

id say so..... never go above 95, they will only do u big time if you are doing 25mph over the limit. otherwise it will just be a £30 or £60 and some points!

my mates got 11 points and just been caught....

Naughty naughty, I almost got caught doing around 120 three weeks ago by the camera you were caught by but after some sharp breaking I went through it at about 85mph. Havent heard anything yet and now its too late to prosecute. You may be lucky cous and get away with it. Anything over a ton and its an instant ban. The only thing you can do is just sit tight and wait and see.

The camera its self is black, there are no speed trap signs, the only thing that on show was the white van with the small yellow strip on the top of the back doors. Maybe you could appeal and say that it wasnt clear at all there was a speed trap there. By the way the camera is always there now along the A127 every Saturday so beware any south east cruisers.

I went passed a portable twice once between 90-100 and the other between 100-120mph - its was only the second time passed i noticed it!! never flashed and never heard anything.

Only police forces that keep the speed camera income for themselves have to follow the guidelines to make them visable. Forces that hand the money over to the government can still hide them!

Lupo Gti

my mate got caught doing over 100 in a 50, ended up going to court, got a letter off his boss saying, if he was unable to travel it would affect the buissness, and also his mom was recently in an accident, so he sayed he needed to take her around and stuff, so get a few grovelling letters of key people, and on the actual day he stood up and said he was stupid and admitted to it.......ended up getting a 6week ban and £400 fine, which i thought was diddly squat for what he was actually doing!!!

LMS (best bet is always to be honest and admit to being stupid, as the magistartes probably face no end of people trying to make excusses, and they reward honest people occasionally)

yer i know i gotta chill out and just see wot happens, fingers ccrossed nuttin comes outa it, but fingers crossed cheers peeps