ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caught on a Gatso

Renwill:

Please dont take all those comments as personal attacks at you, they werent meant in that way. I agree with you that a lot of the time the speed cameras are a good little earner for the police and the government, though I would like to think that they have placed them in areas in towns and villages where we shouldnt be speeding.

Speeding is speeding as you correctly pointed out. All I was trying to say is, there are times and places where it seems a bit harsh to be done for speeding. 90 on a clear motorway in clear visibility seems fine to me but 45 in a 30 past a school is dangerous. At the end of the day though both are speeding.

Road humps, well yes they do slow the traffic down, personally I think the traffic flows better if it is going at a constant speed rather than slowing down and speeding up, but hey, its just my opinion and I cant back it up with any survey!

As for not being able to tell what speed you are driving at, I didnt say I could say "im now doing exactly 29.56 mph", but you must have some idea of your speed and whether you are speeding up and slowing down. It wasnt a personal attack on you by the way!

Tell them you were down the pub chatting to a mate about selling your car and some bloke chipped in and asked if he could have a test drive.. left his own car as security. He must have been the one driving. Just a thought.

ive just noticed that 3 people who replyed to this message live in aylesbury, im about 4 miles away, anyone else from aylesbury or buckinghamshire?

silver valver/hybrid

i think a load of these speed limits are a load of crap, the main road around walsall used to be a 50mph speed limit, which the majority is duel carriageway, there were a few accidents but two were old guys having heart attacts at the wheel and one was kids racing round in a clio rt at 70 mph overtaking on the wrong side of the road, 100 yards later and they would have been on the duel carriageway bit, unfortunately they went head first into a lorry. Anyway the only repsponse was to lower the speed limit to 40mph, how is that going to stop racers and heart attacts? now they have reduced the speed limit to 30 mph in an attempt to look like they are doing something positive, also they have added a few pedestrian crossings which i well agree with, unfortunately people tend not to use them and run the gauntlet across the road, even with pushchairs which is just plain stupid. even the police cant stick to the 30 mph limit cus i have followed them at 45! i dont think speed is the only reason for accidents which the government seem to be forcing at us, improved training (including pedestrians) is what is needed to reduce accidents.

BMW 320d Sport

well on my way to Braintree the other day there was a long straight stretch with half a mile visibility and enough width for 3 cars. Not a single house and hardly any side roads around. Brand new 40mph signs right next to the old national limit signs which had been spray painted black.

Id bet good money that well see GATSOs along that stretch within the next 6 months.

190 BHP Willy 2

r_button

im from aylesbury, i play for stone united so come out ur way twice a week. will have to meet up when u get a car.

Scott

i got flashed buy a camera it went off twice but i was the only car about but i was on the other side of the road going towards the camera Weird !!!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

If you are going towards the cameras and it flashes they can do sh1t all cause there are no calibration marks on the road so dont worry. Then borrow your m8 motorbike and drive towards it again and again and waste all the film in it cause it cost them extortionate amounts of money top buy the film

172 Cup

CB,

All of the speed cameras in the West Mids have calibration marks on both sides of the roads. On dual carriage ways they even go as far as painting lines on all 4 lanes!

Gone through quite a few speed cameras in the wrong direction and set them off but never heard anything at all.

Griff

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

There are calibration marks on both sides of the road becuase they can turn the camera round to face the other way and use the other marks.

Some of the ones Ive seen recently have had the markings adjacent? to one another, ie same side of the camera, so these cameras arent the ones which could turn round, cos it would then have no markings.... So they must be setup to catch oncoming traffic..... and possibly cause an accident in the process :-/

-roamer.