ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

caught speedin no insurance!

A SHED!

just got my clio back, so decided to go for a spin. Earlier that morning i "thought" i had insured it online.....so went i got a fine of £60 and three points, i was abit annoyed along with a producer. So when i rang tesco up to see when my certifcate was arriving they said it hadnt registered!? what am i gonna do?

to be honest mate i think your screwed - if you claim that you thought you were inusred then they will say that you should have received email confirmation and if you hadnt received that then you shouldnt have been driving without giving them a call first - it doesnt help that you were then caught for speeding - its harsh but i dont think youve got too many options fella

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Speeding with no insurance - Doesnt sound good mate! Think the feds might try and rape you tbh!

Do Tesco have proof of you filling out something on the website, and do they admit to a mistake? Thats your only come back really. Otherwise this could be a harsh lesson for you..

-Rob

A SHED!

so what will happen to me now? just got a clean licence as well.....bugger. now 3 points for speedin and woteva for not havin insurance,prob a ban!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

did u enter all ur credit card details etc when u sorted the insurance? if so u SHOULD have got a receipt as monkey boy says!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

check ur acc to see if money has been debited. surely they cant do u too much for this...seems so unfair. sorry to hear dude.

What REALLY does happen if you are caught driving without insurance?

Is it something like, 6 points and a fine?

don't

tesco and no other companies will back date, very illegal

only chance is 2 get some 1 really dodgy 2 do sumin 4 u

try 2 get as much paperwork info u can from tescos

have u got any proof that u tried 2 get insurance, any proof of them turning u down etc

ooooo.. nearly made the guess of the week, was gonna say 6 points and a £250 fine.

Good luck mate! Cant be a nice feeling... sods law they call that!!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Youre probably looking at 6 - 9 points and a biggish fine. IIRC, no insurance is up to 9 points, and if youre lucky, they will take the speeding into account as apposed to dealing with it sepperately. Then you only have 1 offence to declare to the insurance company.

As was said before, if you are super lucky, you might get the certificate back dated.

Go and speak to a solicitor, and tesco.

In all honesty ive got a feeling you never had insurance in the 1st place. If thats the case you deserve all what is coming to you!!!

A confirmation e-mail tells you if your insured or not. If you never received it then why the hell did you drive the car in the 1st place. Oh and the insurance company keeps all records of internet transactions!!

Ive got a feelin youve made this up just to find out what will happen to you, as if you had entered this thread to start with caught speeding with no insurance people would think your a scumbag and give you abuse. Youve made up a story just to cover yourself.

You do not have a leg to stand on, and its people like you that make people like me have to fork out £2000 a year insurance!

Rant over!!!

If you did it on line then the info WILL still be in the computer you just need a computer wiz to get at it then go to Tesco and they will back date it as its thier mistake.

But me well Id just have a really good go at Tesco and I wouldnt stop at the first girl you get on the phone.............talk to a manager.................they will accomodate.

Good luck......Stu

I hate to say it but i am totally with mitchy on this one you should have an email confirmation if not speak to tesco and they will find your application i design these web sites for a living and know all about how they work....

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ok can I also add - that if you get caught speeding by a speed camera - you dont need to send off your insuance. Just your paper and photocard driving license.

someone said they had a feeling he never even got insurance, that may be true BUT it is not fair to say you cannot have bought insurance or you would have a confirmation email.

i recently bought online and i didnt get confirmation. i actually had to email them to ask for proof while i waited for my cover note to be sent.

they emailed me to say they were processing my order so to speak, i used my car i needed it but my cover note has now arrived.

hope i never get in that situation though it would be so easy to happen

You can pay for a false insurance certificate, saved my wife a few bans/points in the early 90s!

WIll cost you though and you ahem need to know the right people!

;)

Ad

MK2 FRS

I know privelege said to me that it take them 24hrs for the info from the net to download. How long have you left it?? You are covered from the point you complete on the net. I rang up to check cos didnt want this kinda situation

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by redmini on 22 September 2004

someone said they had a feeling he never even got insurance, that may be true BUT it is not fair to say you cannot have bought insurance or you would have a confirmation email.
Very true. I just renewed with Privilege and got no email confirmation. Id heared nothing after 5 days, and convinced myself that I never actually bought it. It got to the day my old insurance expired and still nothing so i rang, and it was confirmed that they were in the process of sending out the documentation.

Very poor for them not to confirm your insured in my opinion, but even so, if in doubt, it only takes a 2 minute phone call to make sure before you risk driving uninsured.

think if you fance chancing it you mite try going to court if you lucky the judge mite have had online problems on ebay or somthing.

but would only do this as a last resort:sick: you mite get spanck even moor

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Hmm, sounds like you were pretty unlucky pal....would have thought they could trace your transaction though.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

When you got into the car, did you even think for one moment that you were uninsured? If so, then I doubt you would have speeded. Did you go for a quick spin around the block or go for a proper drive somewhere?

If Mitchy is correct, then Id be very worried myself If I were you, and the fact that you havent replied to this thread might point to his sugestion being true! Whenever I drive uninsured (ie- taking someones car out for a quick spin at a meet or something like that) Im very carefull indeed and only go once round the block! It does anger me to think that some people drive everyday with no insurance when I (well ok, my Dad!) pays £1300 a year.

HOWEVER, if what you are saying is all true... keep all your internet history and if push comes to shove, maybe use this to show that you did try to/thought you had insured your car. Also, my Dad said that the internet sites (eg Tesco, Esure, Elephant) keep a record of the people who try to insure their car with different things. When I looked online for insurance in my name I tried it with my dads name, mums name, declaring my accident, no claims etc on the policy and off it to see how it altered the price. He said that when you submit it to get a quote they can see what youve done, so when it comes to actually getting the insurance they may want you to ring them so that they can make sure that you are telling the truth on the policy!

What that all means for you is... there should be some proof of you doing something or other on their site, and that might help you greatly in the end... however youd still get the fine for the points!!!

Sorry about that, didnt realise how much id typed!

-Phil-

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 22 September 2004

Speeding with no insurance - Doesnt sound good mate! Think the feds might try and rape you tbh!
Hmm! It would have been awful had you been involved in an accident with no insurance!!

How would you have coped with the loss/damage of your car and possible injuries/claim of another person? :cry: