ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CCTV systems, advice needed

Fabia vrs tdi
Want to install a CCTV camera at my new house to keep an eye on my car and to see who's at my door.

wireless system would be nice and perhaps something that was so discreet/small you wouldn't even know it was there. I've been looking at portable monitors so I can have it near me at all times.

seems I can pick a cheap system up from maplins for £100 I would just need to pay to have it installed.

Bus w**ker
I'd go wired, mostly as wireless still requires power and if it were running batteries they'd need replacing, you can fit them quite easily yourself. Also I'd not go for some spy thing as most of the time the camera is there as a deterrent so you need it to be easily visible.

Are you wanting to record as well? If so you'll need to consider tape or PC, I'd go PC for ease of storage and less interaction but you'll need a standalone PC that can be left on 24/7 for that.

Black and white or colour? Sound or silent? Motion sensitive or constant? Night vision or day light operation only? Etc.

Fabia vrs tdi
Hmm it would be wired for power but wireless to the reciever. As for recording I might look into a digital recording device and night vision would be good so would motion detection and probably best in colour

Fabia vrs tdi
not paranoid just handy to see who's pulling up so I can pretend I'm not in. I'm
in a flat now and can just ignore my buzzer but in a house my friends will know I'm in and half the time I can't be fvcked with them.

Nothing to be paranoid about, once they come visit they stay too long lol

Bus w**ker
If it's wired for power then run it wired signal too. Take it to a stand alone PC or DVR and then if you really want to watch your CCTV at work, on your phone or in Spain you can network it up.

Check out www.cctvdirect.co.uk (I think, if not google CCTV) some nice info on there and kit, not badly priced either.