ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD players problem, on then off, not fuse!

Clio mk ii 1.6 16v
Hello fellow clio drivers :)

i have searched the forum and havnt seen a post on this and its really annoying me! i will try and keep it short:

i have a JVC cd player and have wired a sub and amp which has been working perfectly for about 7 months the other week i hit a slight bump in the road and my cd player turned off and wouldnt turn back on, after fiddling around with it i pressed a few buttons and found if i pressed either 'display' or 'eject' the cd player will turn on for about 5 seconds and then die again straight away so that cancelled out the thought of any fuses gone, i tried the cd player in a mates car and it worked fine so i know its not that.

I have a 53 plate clio and have read that some of the electrics can be a bit dodgey :/ not sure if thats true though because mine have been fine up untill now.

Also this might just been my mind playing tricks on me but i think before the cd player packed up the time on my dash would show but not it only shows if i have my headlights on but it might have been like that nefore im not really sure but if its not could they both be linked up??

Before i contact an auto electricoan i just want to make sure im not missing something easy to fix and its really bugging me having no music!

Appreciate the help if any guys many thanks

Mike