ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD/radio remote control stalk rattle

You can remove the top surround and mess around with the screws holding the controller on maybe removing it and putting bit of tape round the screws and tighened the screws more will help.

I had the same problem on mine after Renault fixed my car after an accident and all I think they did was tigened up the two screws holding it on.

Remember if your going to mess around there to disconnect the battery and leave it for 20 minutes so there no risk (or lesser risk) of the airbag going off.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

how old is the clio? old clio sattalites up to clio 2 phase 1 are held in place by a 20 torx screw. clio 2 phase 2 sattalites are just held in place by a plastic tab.

Megane 225

Its a 2003 model. Ill have a look for things to tighten later. I swear its come loose due to these annoying rumble strips theyre putting approaching traffic lights now.

Thanks for the advice about the airbag.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

on a 2003 the top column trim just pulls off. pull it off and look if the sattalite is fully clicked in place.

Megane 225

I see the plastic tab, Ill take a pic tomorrow and post it so you can tell me if it looks normal. Its not so bad that the unit is completely loose, it just rattles inside the column. Cheers for the help, pic tomorrow.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

looks ok from that pic. are you sure its the stalk that rattles? is it actually moving around inside the slot in the plastic housing?

Megane 225

Yes definitely. Theres about half a centimetre movement each way. When I hold it the rattling stops. Must be something loose in the bottom half of the column?

I think Im going to line the slot where it enters the steering column with something to stop the rattle and just live with that.